Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:41 AM   #1
ahhboi
macrumors regular

What does "Reset all setting" erases?

My phone recently has this bug causing any apps that needed to be downloaded to be stuck in waiting.

After reading up, seems like "reset all setting" might solve the problem, but before i do that, what does rest all setting erases??

Thanks
ahhboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Arelunde
macrumors Demi-God

My guess is that it puts your phone into the "out of the box" settings - defaults that were there when you first turned it on. Any customization you did personally would have to be done again.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:10 PM   #3
haulis
macrumors regular

It resets all settings, but doesn't delete any content or re-arrange your home screen. Erase all settings on the other hand does remove everything and puts the phone back to factory settings.
haulis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier