Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1
yamyeow
macrumors newbie

Pairing Apple Wireless Keyboard w/iMac & iPhone 4 Questions

Hey I have a few questions re: pairing the Apple Wireless Keyboard with my iMac and iPhone 4.

First off, can I know I can pair both devices, yet I can only use the keyboard on either the iMac or the iPhone. I want to be able to have them paired and connected on BOTH devices so I don't have to disconnect from iMac to connect to iPhone. I've read it can't be done? But… is there a hack/utility that allows this?

Secondly, I've renamed my keyboard in System Preferences to "Apple Wireless Keyboard" but when it shows up on the iPhone 4, it lists it as "blablablaa's Keyboard"… blablabla being my computer's short name I believe. I've even used the System Preferences option under Bluetooth to "Update Name", using the little gear wheel icon with the triangle pointing down, it brings up a drop down menu that says "Update Name" Is there a way to change this name PERMANENTLY any other way?

Thanks y'all!
Attached Images

yamyeow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2
LaWally
macrumors 6502a

No hack or utility required.

You can pair your wireless keyboard to both your mac and iPhone. Toggle BT on the devices to pair the keyboard as follows:

to pair with mac, BT active on mac, BT off on iPhone
to pair with iPhone, BT active on iPhone, BT off on mac

having BT active on both devices at the same time will produce unpredictable results when using the keyboard.
LaWally is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help