Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:13 PM   #1
taylord22
macrumors regular

CBR files

What's the best way to transfer and read .cbr files on my iPad? I just got my first iPad and im not really familiar with its avenues for file transfers and/or conversions.

Last edited by taylord22; Mar 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
taylord22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:14 PM   #2
RUSTYC
macrumors newbie

I use the free Cloudreaders app. I just drag-and-drop my cbr and cbz files onto the app's folder thru iTunes.
RUSTYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

I got Comic Glass
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Lodoss
macrumors member

Comic Zeal it's the best comic reading app currently in my opinion.
Lodoss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:59 AM   #5
mikepro
macrumors 6502

I use Comicglass. Just transfer the cbr files to the App in itunes.

Here's a tip if you are on a mac: You can transfer an entire folder of comics, but first you have to rename the folder by adding a .pkg to the end of it. (You will need to confirm you really want to do that). That will trick the system into thinking it is a package file, and then you can easily transfer an entire folder. To see what is in the package, or modify the contents on your mac just right click or cmmand click it and do show package contents.

I have over 11GB of comics on my new iPad and am loving it!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:29 AM   #6
cinca
macrumors regular

I would strongly recommend giving Comic Zeal to try. Obviously everyone has their preferences, and this is just my opinion, but comic zeal is by far the best comic book reader.

It is true you could convert your CBR files to PDF's and have a wider range of apps available to view them but comic zeal is so good I don't see why you do that.

As far as getting your CBR files into the comic zeal app you can download them onto your PC or Mac and use iTunes to transfer them in the apps window of iTunes. An even easier way if you want to not deal with a PC at all is to download the CBR file in any one of a number of download apps all of which have a file manager. Once downloaded review your downloads using the file manager feature of your download manager to "open in" comic zeal. Once you have the comic zeal app installed it should be associated with CBR and CBZ file types. In your download app look at the files you've downloaded and then once you use the "open in" and select comic sale after a second or two the comic zeal app will automatically open up and import the CBR/CBZ file.

Good luck.
cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Tedddman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinca View Post
I would strongly recommend giving Comic Zeal to try. Obviously everyone has their preferences, and this is just my opinion, but comic zeal is by far the best comic book reader.
Have you tried many comic readers on iOS? ComicZeal is a little behind the competition in options these days because its reading interface/features haven't been updated in a year and a half. It's more expensive and does less compared to newer comic readers like ComicGlass or Bookman.

Last edited by Tedddman; Apr 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Tedddman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 03:24 AM   #8
MR1324
macrumors 6502

Comic glass is pretty good
MR1324 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting