Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Is it possible in any way to use one Apple ID for movies, and another for music (iTunes Match)? I'm in Europe, but use a US Apple ID for movies. But I use my 'main' Apple ID for iTunes Match and would like to use that on the Apple TV as well. Is it possible in any way to use these two Apple ID's simultaneously? One for movies, the other for music?

diminiko

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
London
Is it possible in any way to use one Apple ID for movies, and another for music (iTunes Match)? I'm in Europe, but use a US Apple ID for movies. But I use my 'main' Apple ID for iTunes Match and would like to use that on the Apple TV as well. Is it possible in any way to use these two Apple ID's simultaneously? One for movies, the other for music?

I have set up something like you want.

On my mac- home sharing on using my US apple ID and iTunes store + match + cloud logged in with my Aus apple ID

On my ATV- home sharing on using US ID

This allows me to rent us movies whilst accessing my music on my mac linked to Aus ITunes. Note that the home sharing needs to be the account that you want to rent movies from.

Ps buying movies on your atv might be a problem tho as auto downloads via iTunes is locked to one apple ID every 90 days so you won't be able to get it onto your mac while iTunes is logged into your euro apple ID.

Last edited:

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004

EDIT: As stated above, I think you'll have to decide which account you want to have on the computer (and access via Home Sharing) and which one you want to have on the Apple TV. If you want to access any iCloud content from the Apple TV, that'll have to be the account you use to log in (if you can choose between them).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.