Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:44 AM   #1
yawnobelix
macrumors newbie

Macbook pro Pink lines in white space, green lines in black space

So starting a week ago I have pink vertical lines appearing in white spaces, and green vertical lines appearing in black spaces on my macbook pro. An example of this can be seen here now at first I assumed that it was the video card however when I tested it with an external display I got the following results. Since the output is fine I have determined that the problem is not with the videocard.

I have since brought it to the apple store and was told it was the LCD and that it would cost $500 to replace. Obviously now I am a little pissed off $500 is a huge repair for a 3 year old laptop.

Now I have noticed then when I press the bottom of the case approximately where the letter 'w' is the screen goes back to normal. Does anyone know what that could mean?

Last edited by yawnobelix; Mar 31, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
yawnobelix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2
thefizzle657
macrumors regular

I had a very similar problem with red/pinkish lines on white on a early 2011 15" MBP and when I took it to the Apple store they determined that there was something wrong with the display and replaced it. Since then the problem has never come back.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Tags
green, lines, mac, pink, screen