Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imHappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Guys, does ur ringer/volume volume works in the lockscreen WITHOUGHT headphones?

I don't know, but i remember that before 5.1, the ringer/volume used to work in the lock screen before.

imHappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
i won't jb my iphone...yet.

Anyways, im just asking because as i remember, i used to be able to control the lockscreen ringer through the physical bottoms. When i double tap then i can control the music volume with the physical buttoms.

Im just asking can u guys control ur ringer volume with the physical buttoms in the lockscreen? or it is normal(which i read somewhere) that i can't control it in the lockscreen.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Guys, does ur ringer/volume volume works in the lockscreen WITHOUGHT headphones?

I don't know, but i remember that before 5.1, the ringer/volume used to work in the lock screen before.

It has never worked for me, going back to iOS 2. All controls are deactivated so that they are not tapped accidentally. In a pocket for example.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
i won't jb my iphone...yet.

Anyways, im just asking because as i remember, i used to be able to control the lockscreen ringer through the physical bottoms. When i double tap then i can control the music volume with the physical buttoms.

Im just asking can u guys control ur ringer volume with the physical buttoms in the lockscreen? or it is normal(which i read somewhere) that i can't control it in the lockscreen.

yes if you double click the home button the physical volume buttons work. in 5.1 and pre 5.1

imHappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
wow im having amnesia.

But yeah it makes sense that the physical bottums dont work in lock screen for accidental pressing.

Thanks for clarifying this, no need to restore!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.