Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZeRoLiMiT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Southern California
Did everyone do what I did, get the iPad wifi only and tether with your iPhone? And once the new iPhone comes out with 4g tether with that?

JLee361

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
Texas
I was going to do that.. But with the iPhone unlimited plan being throttled at 3gb, it's kinda pointless, unless they change the data policy when the new iPhone 4G LTE comes out. So I just bought a grandfathered unlimited iPad data plan.

badtzwang

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
That is my plan as well ... Got the WiFi iPad and have an iPhone 4 that I tether with. Gonna wait till new iPhone comes out which will most likely have LTE and I will tether with that one.

I think you'd have to be crazy to get the LTE iPad, especially if you have an iPhone to tether with. You're basically paying for two separate data plans.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
...I think you'd have to be crazy to get the LTE iPad, especially if you have an iPhone to tether with. You're basically paying for two separate data plans.

Crazy, perhaps.

Or, maybe, some people rather TALK on their phone and dont want to run down their battery tethering. Other people would prefer LTE speeds than 3G/4G HSPA+. And yet other people would rather have the convenience always on rather than turning a hotspot on/off.

You know, different strokes for different folks, mental state notwithstanding...

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Am I the only one that finds the Antenna on the iPad unsightly!? That is the black area on the back of the 4G models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.