Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cursayer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Hi, recently I have noticed that sometimes when I am using my iPhone the screen goes black even though I was just using it (and I had not pressed power) and to turn it back on I either have to press the home button or power button and the screen will turn back on. I am jailbroken running iOS 5.0.1.

Tweaks:
biteSMS
ClearLockNotifications
Crash Reporter
Cydelete
FolderEnhancer
Infinidock
OmniStat for NotifcationCenter
Open in ProTube
OpenSSH
PasswordPilot
PowerIcons
ProTube
Pull To Refresh Safari
SBSettings
SnoozeOrStop
Springtomize 2
WeeFlashlight
WeeKillBackgroundPro
WeeTrackData
WiFiFoFum
Winterboard
ZoomIsBack!

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
You've got quite a few tweaks installed there, so it could well be some of them not playing nicely together. Can you remember installing a tweak and then finding that the screen then started to black out?

If you can't hazard a guess as to what it is, I'd start removing most of your tweaks and seeing if it the black outs continue. Then if they go, start to add the tweaks back, one-by-one, to see if it's a specific tweak that is causing it.

Cursayer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
You've got quite a few tweaks installed there, so it could well be some of them not playing nicely together. Can you remember installing a tweak and then finding that the screen then started to black out?

If you can't hazard a guess as to what it is, I'd start removing most of your tweaks and seeing if it the black outs continue. Then if they go, start to add the tweaks back, one-by-one, to see if it's a specific tweak that is causing it.
No I can't remember it happening after one specific tweak, but I'll try that thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.