Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you really want to control your iMac with your hand and arm in such an uncomfortable position? Wouldn't a graphic tablet be a better tool, for your arm's sake?
Maybe have a look at this thread for ergonomic concerns.

eoinfen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Do you really want to control your iMac with your hand and arm in such an uncomfortable position? Wouldn't a graphic tablet be a better tool, for your arm's sake?
Maybe have a look at this thread for ergonomic concerns.

Possibly. I'm considering the Wacom bamboo also, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I want to use it with Avid Sibelius software, as I think it would save me lots of time being able to use a stylus with one hand and keyboard macros with the other. I think a tablet could prove finicky, as it will take a little more time to adjust to, and I don't think I'll like having to constantly hover over the tablet with the stylus to get an indication of where the mouse is on-screen.

How about using something like an iPad to mirror (and probably zoom) the image on-screen and control the movement of the mouse. Is that possible/practical?

Unkei

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Possibly. I'm considering the Wacom bamboo also, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I want to use it with Avid Sibelius software, as I think it would save me lots of time being able to use a stylus with one hand and keyboard macros with the other.

I use a Wacom Intuous tablet for photo and graphics design use. I use Photoshop CS but am looking into buying the latest version. As for using one like a mouse for normal input, I think that would be difficult. And having owned an HP Touchsmart, I know that Touchscreens are highly over rated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.