Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

View Poll Results: Should iPads come with headphones?
Yes 228 60.64%
No 148 39.36%
Voters: 376. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:17 AM   #26
eawmp1
macrumors 601

Probably the last considerations I had with my iPad purchases were whether a headphone was included. A charger I need. Cheap earbuds...not so much.
eawmp1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:23 AM   #27
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTX View Post
Not sure what that is in reference to, but I own a pair of power beats that I use in the gym, and they're the best pair of in ear buds, or otherwise that I have owned.
In ear ones are fine, it's just those big red and white ones, they look ridiculous. I would be embarrassed to wear them in public.
boy-better-know is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:26 AM   #28
cipo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-better-know View Post
Hate, hate, hate them. What do you think I have been living in a cave and have never tried in ear buds? They're offensive, a monstrosity to the human ear, truly despicable.
You were implying that there is no good audio quality to be had with in-ears. That's wrong. Your phobias are a different story.
cipo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:27 AM   #29
ChrisTX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
In ear ones are fine, it's just those big red and white ones, they look ridiculous. I would be embarrassed to wear them in public.
Agreed, they look pretty goofy.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:29 AM   #30
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipo View Post
You were implying that there is no good audio quality to be had with in-ears. That's wrong. Your phobias are a different story.
Not what I am implying at all, but maybe I should have been more clear. Personally, I find them uncomfortable and annoying, not to say most people might like them.
He said I would be shocked by how good they are if I tried them, and I replied that I hate them.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:33 AM   #31
NikeTalk
macrumors 6502a

Simple answer, yes they should. YOU might not use them but they still should be included. They're obviously not the expensive to produce. I use them as my "beater" headphones for when i'm doing different activities such as going to the gym or for a run.
NikeTalk is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:35 AM   #32
jacktorrance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Not what I am implying at all, but maybe I should have been more clear. Personally, I find them uncomfortable and annoying, not to say most people might like them.
He said I would be shocked by how good they are if I tried them, and I replied that I hate them.
You are a walking contradiction.

Back on topic - I have a drawer that contains three pairs of unused in-ear Apple headphones. For my money Apple should not supply them with iPads or any other device for that matter.
jacktorrance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:56 PM   #33
jetblk328i
macrumors 6502

Don't need them, but free stuff is always good...with that said, if my next iphone didn't come with headphones and was $20 dollars less, I'm not complaining..
jetblk328i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:58 PM   #34
jacktorrance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblk328i View Post
Don't need them, but free stuff is always good...
They are not free.
jacktorrance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:09 PM   #35
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

No, laptops don't come with them why should a tablet?
iEvolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:22 PM   #36
drenline
macrumors 6502a

every ipad should come with a brand new pair of dr. dre headphones
drenline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:29 PM   #37
SteveJobs2.0
macrumors 6502

They should. Those headphones cost next to nothing and yet the provide the feeling of increased value to the customers. Plus, they have other uses such as much beloved dictation which was one of the key selling poitns of the new iPad. Using a headphone microphone dictation produces better results in my case. Also, many cheap people will not buy another set of headphones, which is manifested later in them watching youtube in public and on maximum setting.
SteveJobs2.0 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:36 PM   #38
taedouni
macrumors 65816

Yes I think that they should include headphones. Forget high quality music, how about FaceTime , Skype , movies and YouTube?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEvolution View Post
No, laptops don't come with them why should a tablet?
Because laptops have better speakers than a tablet.
taedouni is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:58 PM   #39
aluren
macrumors 65816

Not a big deal to me. What's really wrong is Apple charging $29 for a pair on its own. Those crappy headsets aren't worth more than $5.
aluren is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:03 PM   #40
MrXiro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
Include the regular earbuds so you can use it out of the box while you decide if you want to replace it with something substantial.
They are not the best headphones. But I tend to like to use my apple earbuds as car headsets so the "$20" accessory is appreciated. Would I use them daily for music... No, but I also love using them on my iMac at work and in the car in a pinch. My work Mac has the old white keyboard so no volume buttons.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:14 PM   #41
gregruns
macrumors member

Yes, absolutely they should come with the earbuds, and even a microfiber sleeve for the ipad also!
gregruns is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:18 PM   #42
SteveJobs2.0
macrumors 6502

In fact, I think that Macbook Air should include them! If you market a product as a portable computer, you have to imagine how the people will use it. Many people use it for skype, other chat programs, using the laptops in a quite library,etc. All of those situations can benefit from having earbuds and a better (closer to the mouth anyway) microphone.

Plus... the white earbuds scream Apple which markets your product whenever you take them out.
SteveJobs2.0 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:19 PM   #43
Sdreed91
macrumors 6502

Yes while there are better options out there as people have have said I also think apple could provide headphones with there 500+ plus device. But they might assume that people are using one of their other products that has headphones provided already.
Sdreed91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:30 PM   #44
mcman77
macrumors 6502a

the 73 no votes remind me just how many of the users on here are actually trolls lol!

Many users being paid to post on these forum ...
mcman77 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:34 PM   #45
LostSoul80
macrumors 68020

I prefere none to the cheap ones that come with other iDevices.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:10 PM   #46
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcman77 View Post
I doubt that. Trolls, maybe. Paid, highly unlikely. Opinionated? Yes. I think people have a gut reaction to those white earbuds. They have a bad reputation. I just think of it as a courtesy or interim pair.
Yr Blues is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:35 PM   #47
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcman77 View Post
the 73 no votes remind me just how many of the users on here are actually trolls lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
I doubt that. Trolls, maybe. Paid, highly unlikely. Opinionated? Yes. I think people have a gut reaction to those white earbuds. They have a bad reputation. I just think of it as a courtesy or interim pair.
No, it's just they are so very bad. Sound tinny, don't stay in, fall apart easily, and worse, add cost to the product.

I'm using a pair of skullcandy in ear headphones that cost £10 (~$15US). A good balance between quality and price I think.

The apple headphones are one of the worst things apple ships, they were good for branding, but now they show up how poor they are.

And with an iPad? Does anyone use an iPad as a portable music player? Really? I was at a poker game recently and I saw a guy using his iPad as an mp3 player, looked ridiculous.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:36 PM   #48
applesith
macrumors 68000

Yes because my headphones usually break around the time I get a new iPhone or iPad and having them packed with the iPad 3 would have been nice. Now I gotta go buy some.
applesith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:37 PM   #49
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesith View Post
Yes because my headphones usually break around the time I get a new iPhone or iPad and having them packed with the iPad 3 would have been nice. Now I gotta go buy some.
And now you get to choose a decent pair that suit how you use them rather than the crappy apple ones.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:44 PM   #50
applesith
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdave View Post
And now you get to choose a decent pair that suit how you use them rather than the crappy apple ones.
Yeah but I gotta pay for them. Apple headphone sare decent and "free" with each new device I buy.

You suggest any good in-ear headphones?
applesith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad