Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:12 AM   #1
RamGuy
macrumors regular

Mountain Lion TimeMachine Backup with Lion?

Have anyone else tried to roll back to Mac OS X Lion from OS X Mountain Lion (both DP1 and DP2) and then restoring data from a TimeMachine Backup made from Mountain Lion?

Everything seems to load just fine, but when I try to login it will refuse my password so it seems like TimeMachine from Mountain Lion back to Lion is messing up my passwords? Making me unable to login after doing a revert back to Lion from Mountain Lion.

No worries as I've been able to simply do a fresh install and simply copy all my files and setting things from scratch, but it would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.
RamGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:23 PM   #2
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
Have anyone else tried to roll back to Mac OS X Lion from OS X Mountain Lion (both DP1 and DP2) and then restoring data from a TimeMachine Backup made from Mountain Lion?

Everything seems to load just fine, but when I try to login it will refuse my password so it seems like TimeMachine from Mountain Lion back to Lion is messing up my passwords? Making me unable to login after doing a revert back to Lion from Mountain Lion.

No worries as I've been able to simply do a fresh install and simply copy all my files and setting things from scratch, but it would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.
I know it's a bit late, but I remember reading this thread and I just stumbled upon a solution: http://falkenmire.com/blog/2012/3/12...-rollback.html

Haven't tried it myself though.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion