Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ipadchinaapproval.jpg

China's Quality Certification Center has approved iPad model number A1416 -- that of the new iPad -- for sale in that country.

China is an incredibly important market for Apple, with the company posting huge growth in the region in recent years. The approval, which was actually issued last week, comes as Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared in China for meetings with Apple partners.

Article Link: Chinese Government Approves New iPad for Sale

jeffk813

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
How ironic that China, of all places, has a "Quality Certification Center" to approve products...

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
How ironic that China, of all places, has a "Quality Certification Center" to approve products...

You think it's really quality they look for? I'd imagine it's more along the lines of a "Doesn't connect to the unfiltered internet certification center".

Last edited:

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
And people cried so hard about Apple getting screwed over when it was "news". Take it however you will but the Chinese government is not known to be the champion of the "little guy".

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Approvals in all countries are arbitrary. Regulation in our own country operate on the legal principal of presumption of correctness by the regulator NOT preponderance of the evidence. We claim to be constitutional and either democratic or republican. We lie too.

AAPL has to deal with regulatory irregularities in many jurisdictions. USA being far worse than any of the other 149.

If we didn't suck more we would have 300 states, not 50.

Rocketman

Inception33

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
I wonder if that's why they are calling the third-generation iPad, the "new iPad" -- to circumvent the ProView lawsuit...

weidanielb

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Does this mean that I can bring my iPad to China without paying the 20% tax when I head there in two months??? :eek:

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

China's Quality Certification Center has approved iPad model number A1416 -- that of the new iPad -- for sale in that country.

China is an incredibly important market for Apple, with the company posting huge growth in the region in recent years. The approval, which was actually issued last week, comes as Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared in China for meetings with Apple partners.

Article Link: Chinese Government Approves New iPad for Sale

Apple is a big part of the growing industry in China. I never thought China would disaprove the sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.