Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:43 PM   #1
whohasaquestion
macrumors regular

Does my MBA have a faulty GPU or even SSD??

Well, I am having a weird problem watching youtube, and I am not sure if this is just flash being flash or my hardware being faulty. But every once in the while, when I watch youtube, the video and audio get really choppy. I could refresh but it still does the same. On average, I would say it happens once every 30 or 40 videos.

Do any of you have the same issue? Mine is the latest MBA refreshed in mid-2011. Hope that helps.
whohasaquestion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:47 PM   #2
KaiserEduard
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whohasaquestion View Post
Well, I am having a weird problem watching youtube, and I am not sure if this is just flash being flash or my hardware being faulty. But every once in the while, when I watch youtube, the video and audio get really choppy. I could refresh but it still does the same. On average, I would say it happens once every 30 or 40 videos.

Do any of you have the same issue? Mine is the latest MBA refreshed in mid-2011. Hope that helps.
I have a 11 inch MBA and it doesnt ever do that. I would guess its either your internet or gpu getting to hot. My ThinkPad video quality does get choppy while watching videos and running intense programs.
Hope this helps.

iPhone 4 16GB
KaiserEduard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3
caligomez
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whohasaquestion View Post
But every once in the while, when I watch youtube, the video and audio get really choppy. I could refresh but it still does the same.
This was happening to me constantly.. I found this thread that solved the problem.. Check it out, as it may help.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1329916

The problem is not the MBA, it's Safari.. Run a test.. do you have the same problems in Firefox or Chrome?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air