Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
When I download certain albums and play it on iTunes, and play it like normal, when the song reaches around 2:49 or 2:50, the song just stops and goes to the next song, and the rest of the album does the same. I tried so many ways to fix this and nothing will work without working your butt off to try to find another way to get it or ripping the song using Audio Hijack Pro. It's a lot of work to do that and it's annoying.

Does anyone know how to get iTunes to quit doing this?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When I download certain albums and play it on iTunes, and play it like normal, when the song reaches around 2:49 or 2:50, the song just stops and goes to the next song, and the rest of the album does the same. I tried so many ways to fix this and nothing will work without working your butt off to try to find another way to get it or ripping the song using Audio Hijack Pro. It's a lot of work to do that and it's annoying.

My only guess is that the song files may be corrupt. Try opening one in Audacity and then export it to a new file. Then see if that file plays all the way through. I've done this when I have a song that skips, and it always fixes the issue, even though it is a pain, as you say.

You could also try creating a new iTunes library and importing the "problem" songs into that library, to see if they play properly.

You can also try deleting those songs from your library and re-adding them.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
My only guess is that the song files may be corrupt. Try opening one in Audacity and then export it to a new file. Then see if that file plays all the way through. I've done this when I have a song that skips, and it always fixes the issue, even though it is a pain, as you say.

You could also try creating a new iTunes library and importing the "problem" songs into that library, to see if they play properly.

You can also try deleting those songs from your library and re-adding them.

I actually have Audacity but that never crossed my mind to use it for that. I'll give that a shot next time. I guess I can live doing that. It'd be better then finding another download source online again.

I did try readding them and that didn't work.

Thank you so much for the help. Does anyone else have any good suggestions?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

Just in case it is something really stupid: Click on the song, Get Info, Options, and check start time + end time. Apart from that, if a song from the iTunes Store doesn't work, Apple will refund the money. I suppose Amazon will have a similar policy; haven't tried it yet.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
Just in case it is something really stupid: Click on the song, Get Info, Options, and check start time + end time. Apart from that, if a song from the iTunes Store doesn't work, Apple will refund the money. I suppose Amazon will have a similar policy; haven't tried it yet.

Well I tried tht and it didn't work, and i didn't buy the songs from apple. I disagree with Apple's policies on their store so i avoid using it.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra

I would contact whomever you bought your music from and ask for a refund.

If you didn't pay for the music, you got what you deserved.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
I would contact whomever you bought your music from and ask for a refund.

If you didn't pay for the music, you got what you deserved.

I just realized something. The songs play perfectly fine on quickview and quicktime, but THE SECOND it goes onto itunes. This glitch happens. So now, i know it's my itunes, but how do I fix the problem?

joeliethegoalie

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2007
boulder,co
I just realized something. The songs play perfectly fine on quickview and quicktime, but THE SECOND it goes onto itunes. This glitch happens. So now, i know it's my itunes, but how do I fix the problem?

I'm having the exact same issue. It just started happening to me in the past few weeks. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.