Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:21 AM   #1
pilot1226
macrumors 6502a

If you don't have Viggle, get it!

I've been using Viggle for the last two months. What's Viggle? It's a program that allows you to get real rewards like gift cards for watching tv and advertisements.

It's free on the App Store.

How does it work? Your iOS 5 device checks in via microphone to anything you're watching on TV, and you get 1 point per minute with a maximum of 12 hours worth of points per day (that's 60*12, or 720 points). You also get bonus points for watching trailers and advertisements, like +30 to watch a 30 second Burger King commerical or +100 to watch a 1 minute trailer about Bing.

There's also bonus points for checking into primetime featured shows (as long as you remain checked in for 10 minutes before switching to another show)... So optimally you want to check in at 9 PM for one show, then 9:10 for the next, etc., gaining bonus points all the while.

Maximum daily points at this time is 12,000 per day. You can usually pull over 4,000 just by doing Primetime shows and not dealing with the advertisements.

The app launched in early February, and at the time I'm writing this, I've claimed $325 in Best Buy gift cards, recently using some of them for my brand new Apple TV.

For reference, the current Best Buy gift card is $25 for 37,500 viggle points. The point amount varies depending on the gift card, such as an iTunes $10 card is 14,000 points.

If you don't have this, get it! If I go crazy with it I can usually get about $50 in gift cards per week, about 1 every 4 days.

There are several vendors like Amazon, Target, Lowe's Home Improvement Stores, etc.

Go check it out, what are you waiting for!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps