Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:58 AM   #1
MorphingDragon
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MorphingDragon
CVs for Programming Positions

What would most employers want/expect in a CV aimed at a programming Job from a student? Mostly I'm at a loss at how to list what skills/languages/frameworks I have under my belt. I've Googled searched some examples and they seem to be more aimed at existing professionals not students.

For example I "know" C/C++/Objective-C/C#/Java/Python/Haskell/UnrealScript/WRAMP Assembly/HTML/CSS/Actionscript... (Theres more too :P) but am only comfortable with a few of them, whereas most CVs describe what level they are at with the language (Beginner/Professional/Production etc) I "know" some Agile Methods techniques and Design Patterns but I don't have a lot of experience using them... things like that.

Also do Employers care about Honour Societies, I got offered positions in some but haven't replied because its my impression that they're a waste of membership money.

Last edited by MorphingDragon; Mar 29, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
MorphingDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming