Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1
riveting
macrumors 6502

iphone 3gs losing wifi

Hello,

My iphone 3gs just keep losing wifi recently. What I mean is that when it is connected to wifi and I am using it, everything works fine. When I put it aside for some time and come back to unlock the screen, some time the wifi is not there. And I have to go back to setting, wifi to reconnect it, it is the working fine.

I encountered this issue many times. It is just so annoying it does not connect to wifi automatically. Which means I could lose imessage coming etc. (it currently does not have data). I couldn't find any setting to auomatically remember a network, only the option to forget the network.

Any help
riveting is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Its suppose to connect automaticly when in range but when the phone sceen goes to sleep the wifi connection drops. So if someone sends you any imessages you still wont receive them unless you're using the iphone so the screen is turned on.
Is it dropping wifi with a certain wifi router connection or with all wifi's you even tried to connect?
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:56 PM   #3
riveting
macrumors 6502

Thanks.

It is certain Wifi, which is the secured wireless network in my University Campus, and I use it everyday. My home wifi does not have this problem. However, my wifi's iphone 4 automatically connects fine with the same network, so does my android phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Its suppose to connect automaticly when in range but when the phone sceen goes to sleep the wifi connection drops. So if someone sends you any imessages you still wont receive them unless you're using the iphone so the screen is turned on.
Is it dropping wifi with a certain wifi router connection or with all wifi's you even tried to connect?
riveting is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting