Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I've always loved the design of the Draco IV, but it destroyed my reception. Finally, they've released a crystal/polycarbonate version and I just bought one in black! Hopefully, it works out!

Here's the link:

http://bit.ly/GYFlle

do you know if this version requires screws or not? If not I definitely wanna get it.

edit: After closely examining some more pics I'm pretty sure it does use screws. their in different spots than the metal version.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
do you know if this version requires screws or not? If not I definitely wanna get it.

edit: After closely examining some more pics I'm pretty sure it does use screws. their in different spots than the metal version.

A plastic case with screws is weird to me. It would have been cool it the design was the same so you could do half plastic half aluminum.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007

I think it does have screws. That doesn't bother me at all. I use the SGP Linear EX right now. It doesn't use screws, but it's also significantly thinner.

At the end of the day, if I'm not happy with it, I'll just return it!

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Thanks for the head's up!

Wish it wasn't clear and wish it wasn't shiny though. :(

Please post pics when you get them!

Absolutely. Ordered yesterday and they already shipped USPS Priority Mail. Pics soon!

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Not bad but I think it would be better if it had the built in buttons and mute switch like the original. I'll wait for all you guys to try it and let us know before I take the plunge. I did buy one of the original ones that cost a pretty penny because it's a dead sexy case!

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Not bad but I think it would be better if it had the built in buttons and mute switch like the original. I'll wait for all you guys to try it and let us know before I take the plunge. I did buy one of the original ones that cost a pretty penny because it's a dead sexy case!

Scroll through the pics on their site. I think it DOES have the built in buttons like the aluminum version.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Scroll through the pics on their site. I think it DOES have the built in buttons like the aluminum version.

Yeah I did but it didn't appear that they were built in... Ill check it out again.
After closer review and side by side pics it doesn't appear to have them. The buttons on the crystal are much closer to the case than those on the aluminum one. Still a nice case and will pick one up after some of your reviews.

Attachments

• dk1.jpg
    dk1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 157
  • dk2.jpg
    dk2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 123

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Yeah I did but it didn't appear that they were built in... Ill check it out again.
After closer review and side by side pics it doesn't appear to have them. The buttons on the crystal are much closer to the case than those on the aluminum one. Still a nice case and will pick one up after some of your reviews.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't think they're built in either. :)

frag2

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2009
I just wish draco would redesign the headphone jack part. Way too recessed for most 3rd party jacks.

The only thing making me lean toward element's stuff over draco's despite draco's looking cooler

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Your picture shows buttons, the one I pulled off doesn't appear to have buttons. How about you buy one and let us all know?

The picture you pulled does show buttons. I said it once already, but since you just aren't getting it I'll try again lol. If you actually have a cleave like you claim to, then you would know that without built in buttons it is extremely hard to get to the buttons. That's why they made them in the first place.

Look again at the picture you posted, the color of the buttons matches the case and not the iphone. And by using a tiny bit of common sense you'll be able to figure out the iphone buttons don't stick out that far.

Last edited:

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
The picture you pulled does show buttons. I said it once already, but since you just aren't getting it I'll try again lol. If you actually have a cleave like you claim to, then you would know that without built in buttons it is extremely hard to get to the buttons. That's why they made them in the first place.

Look again at the picture you posted, the color of the buttons matches the case and not the iphone. And by using a tiny bit of common sense you'll be able to figure out the iphone buttons don't stick out that far.

Of course the crystal and aluminum are NOT the same or the buttons would be the same. Plus how is it that I see all these cleave knock offs that DON'T have buttons... same design less the buttons. NOW if those can be made and NOT use the buttons, don't you think they could make the same design and simply have the buttons almost flush with the case like a TON of other cases have? So using common sense it can be done and NOT have buttons. You are correct, I now see the buttons. However using common sense, the design can be done without buttons as it already has been. ;) However you have proven that your cyber penis is bigger than mine, good job.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Of course the crystal and aluminum are NOT the same or the buttons would be the same. Plus how is it that I see all these cleave knock offs that DON'T have buttons... same design less the buttons. NOW if those can be made and NOT use the buttons, don't you think they could make the same design and simply have the buttons almost flush with the case like a TON of other cases have? So using common sense it can be done and NOT have buttons. You are correct, I now see the buttons. However using common sense, the design can be done without buttons as it already has been. ;) However you have proven that your cyber penis is bigger than mine, good job.

Lol I was only trying to show you that the case has buttons. I'm aware there are fake ones without, but those have one large opening. The ones that have individual cutouts for the buttons was what I was referring to since you would have trouble pressing them without built in buttons. The plastic cleave obviously have individual cutouts. And really? Cyber penis? I think your the only one that's concerned about that ;) No need to get riled up over a stupid discussion about cases lol.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Okay, time to put the pissing match to an end :)

Just got mine in the mail today. I must say, I really like it. It's literally the same design, just polycarbonate. It's still held together by two screws in the same location as the aluminum version. The plastic is not solid black, it's a dark crystal, which I really dig. The volume and power buttons ARE BUILT IN. The silent/ringer switch IS NOT. The headphone port is the same depth as the aluminum. And, being plastic, obviously, there is no signal hit at all.

There is no lay on the table design. I have an SGP Glas.t on my 4s and it fits great. I use a Portenzo skin on the back. No issues.

I'll keep it on for a week or so and see if I still dig it. But I have to say, so far, this is exactly what I was hoping Draco Design would create and they did!

Quickly took a bunch of pictures. Enjoy! http://bit.ly/HdueUI

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.