Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:49 PM   #51
DroidRules
Banned

Went ahead and pulled the trigger, thanks eg2007 for the input. I just started using a knockoff black ops and was digging it but if I can get the sweet draco look minus the reception killing I'll be
DroidRules is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:22 PM   #52
frag2
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigucci88 View Post
Monsters like the headphones lol? I'm going to consider the clear for my white 4s if they don't come out with anymore colors.
If the dimensions are like the original draco, then monsters wont fit
frag2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:41 PM   #53
Old Smuggler
macrumors 6502a

Go for it
Old Smuggler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:47 PM   #54
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidRules
Went ahead and pulled the trigger, thanks eg2007 for the input. I just started using a knockoff black ops and was digging it but if I can get the sweet draco look minus the reception killing I'll be
Awesome. Good luck. Yeah, I've had three aluminum bumpers. All affected my signal horribly.
eg2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 04:40 AM   #55
guccigucci88
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg2007 View Post
Wirelessly posted

Awesome. Good luck. Yeah, I've had three aluminum bumpers. All affected my signal horribly.
Even vapor pro? Have u tried it?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 04:46 AM   #56
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigucci88 View Post
Even vapor pro? Have u tried it?
Yup. No luck for me. I was bummed. I've tried the aluminum Draco IV, Draco knock-off, and a Vapor Pro Stealth. Love the design, but sometimes they all completely knocked out my cell service and I live in Los Angeles. Weird.

I'll be sticking with plastics for now
Old Apr 5, 2012, 07:23 AM   #57
guccigucci88
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yup. No luck for me. I was bummed. I've tried the aluminum Draco IV, Draco knock-off, and a Vapor Pro Stealth. Love the design, but sometimes they all completely knocked out my cell service and I live in Los Angeles. Weird.

That sucks. What's your signal like normally? So did you end up returning all your aluminums?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:53 AM   #58
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccigucci88
Quote:

That sucks. What's your signal like normally? So did you end up returning all your aluminums?
Sold them all on eBay! Now I just use an SGP Linear EX and the Draco cleave Crystal.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:09 PM   #59
kagharaht
macrumors regular

Received?

Has anyone who ordered this received one yet for review?
kagharaht is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:03 PM   #60
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagharaht View Post
Has anyone who ordered this received one yet for review?
This info is already within this thread.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:23 PM   #61
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Just got mine in the mail today. I must say, I really like it. It's literally the same design, just polycarbonate. It's still held together by two screws in the same location as the aluminum version. The plastic is not solid black, it's a dark crystal, which I really dig. The volume and power buttons ARE BUILT IN. The silent/ringer switch IS NOT. The headphone port is the same depth as the aluminum. And, being plastic, obviously, there is no signal hit at all.

There is no lay on the table design. I have an SGP Glas.t on my 4s and it fits great. I use a Portenzo skin on the back. No issues.

I'll keep it on for a week or so and see if I still dig it. But I have to say, so far, this is exactly what I was hoping Draco Design would create and they did!

Quickly took a bunch of pictures. Enjoy! http://bit.ly/HdueUI
Over a week later, whats your thoughts? I'm still on the fence.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:38 PM   #62
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
Over a week later, whats your thoughts? I'm still on the fence.
Haven't taken the case off since I received it. Love it. Also bought it in red. That said, I have a few cases and usually end up alternating between them.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:32 AM   #63
Menopause
macrumors 6502

eg2007, if it's not a big problem, could you please post a few pictures with the red version on? Just a couple would do... pretty please?

Oh, and is the Mute switch smooth to turn on and off on the 4S? Asking because I have a Draco IV Aluminum version which was originally designed for iPhone 4, the mute switch fits the 4S but in such a way that I can toggle it only from the bottom end of the switch. Thanks tons for the info!

Last edited by Menopause; Apr 24, 2012 at 05:14 AM.
Menopause is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:31 PM   #64
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Just ordered a smoke / dark crystal version for this black 4S. Can't wait
Munkypoo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 04:29 PM   #65
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menopause View Post
eg2007, if it's not a big problem, could you please post a few pictures with the red version on? Just a couple would do... pretty please?

Oh, and is the Mute switch smooth to turn on and off on the 4S? Asking because I have a Draco IV Aluminum version which was originally designed for iPhone 4, the mute switch fits the 4S but in such a way that I can toggle it only from the bottom end of the switch. Thanks tons for the info!
Sorry, I actually just put it on Ebay. I thought I'd be alternating between the black and red, but I'm satisfied with the black one. Haven't taken it off since day one!

The mute switch DOES turn it on and off fine for me. No issues.
Old May 1, 2012, 04:32 PM   #66
Menopause
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Sorry, I actually just put it on Ebay. I thought I'd be alternating between the black and red, but I'm satisfied with the black one. Haven't taken it off since day one!

The mute switch DOES turn it on and off fine for me. No issues.
Good to hear was the red somewhat pinkish red more than a deep, pure red? I ordered it and am hoping not to regret it.
Old May 1, 2012, 04:39 PM   #67
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menopause View Post
Good to hear was the red somewhat pinkish red more than a deep, pure red? I ordered it and am hoping not to regret it.
It's a clear red. It's nice. I was going to keep it, but it's just sitting in the package and unused. I'm really happy with the case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 1.38.55 PM.png
Views:	30
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	338081  
Old May 1, 2012, 04:47 PM   #68
Menopause
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's a clear red. It's nice. I was going to keep it, but it's just sitting in the package and unused. I'm really happy with the case.
Ah, gorgeous. Tons of thanks!

If I may offer a tip for selling it on eBay — you know there are already knock-offs running wild, selling for 9 bucks. You want to be looking for people who care enough to buy an original Draco case for at least 75% of the price you paid for it (and not $5).

There should be a 'genuine check serial' (most probably 11 digits) somewhere on the box. Write in your auction that this is a guaranteed genuine Draco case or you shall return double the money paid. Refer them to the code (but I wouldn't post it publicly) and to this link:

http://www.dracodesigninc.com/Genuine.aspx

You will attract the right crowd.
Old May 7, 2012, 03:47 PM   #69
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Impending Doom?

So, it's been a little over a month since I purchased this case. Now, near the screw holes, cracks are forming. This is probably to be expected, because trying to use screws in plastic is not easy, or, it's just an anomaly with my case. I don't know. I've emailed Draco Designs USA about warranty details. The case isn't broken YET, but I have a feeling it's coming...

Here are some pics of the stress cracks: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzcMLqb
eg2007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 04:32 PM   #70
SCARY GAY DAD
macrumors 6502

Quote:
So, it's been a little over a month since I purchased this case. Now, near the screw holes, cracks are forming. This is probably to be expected, because trying to use screws in plastic is not easy, or, it's just an anomaly with my case. I don't know. I've emailed Draco Designs USA about warranty details. The case isn't broken YET, but I have a feeling it's coming...

Here are some pics of the stress cracks: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzcMLqb
Thanks for the 1-month report.

It shouldn't be cracking. Sounds like a design flaw.
SCARY GAY DAD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 04:37 PM   #71
eg2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARY GAY DAD View Post
Thanks for the 1-month report.

It shouldn't be cracking. Sounds like a design flaw.
Yep. I agree. It's not loose or anything, but I'm guessing if I unscrew it to take it off it'll crack more.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories