Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Simple; I would like to be able to monitor what my apps are attempting to send/receive and allow/deny on a selective basis. Like Little Snitch?

thanks for any info.

Tom

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
No, not trying to save on data; I just want the ability to control what data goes out and comes in. For example; I've downloaded a freeware app....I. Do not want it communicating without permission.

Thanks for the reply

Tom

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
No, not trying to save on data; I just want the ability to control what data goes out and comes in. For example; I've downloaded a freeware app....I. Do not want it communicating without permission.

Thanks for the reply

Tom
Stick your iPad in airplane mode when running the app.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Stick your iPad in airplane mode when running the app.

Won't work. I want to be able to have connectivity, but defined connectivity. I guess I want an IOS version of Little Snitch. I also want to be able to allow some connections through, but deny others (multilevel per-existing rules that could be active simultaneously).

Tom

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
Get Netstat app, it will show you the open sockets in real time..

Although, I think it only works with system apps, don't think it's able to view the activity of 3rd party apps. That's a limitation of iOS, you'd need to jailbreak to monitor all apps on the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.