Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysoogle1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
so i have verizon Locked Iphone 4s on ios 5.0.1 baseband 1.0.13 i live in pakistan i bought a gevey sim to unlock it

iam able to successfully Unlock on my Local Gsm network i can receive Calls and can Make Call to any number
but iam having Some WIERD problems

1 I am unable to send SMS to any other local networks although i can receive Sms but i am unable to Send Sms

2 My second and Most weird Problem is that i have Prepaid Gsm sim as i told you above that iam unable to send SMS but can receive Sms ....my Iphone 4s is Silently Sending SMS to this number 00900800 How i know this is because as i told above i have prepaid Connection and i have credit in it My balance keep Depeleting after some time as iphone 4s keep sending the SMs to this Number after Like every 30 to 40 Mins .......how i actually came to know this Number i called my Gsm operator and inquire about this Situation
he told me that from your sim an International SMS is being sent to this Number 00900800 ....iam just amazed what number is this Remeber i have Locked Verizon phone

How can i Dealt with these situation above i cannot send SMS to any Number from the Msg App it keep saying msg Sent failure but my Iphone 4s is silently sending SMS to this Number which my operator Told

my iphone 4s is JB

Any help

jaysoogle1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
yeah i have seen threads on msg Sending about facetime but i have set Facetime Disable ....... i have google the number 00900800 but no info came on this

jaysoogle1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
alright i have Done the Trick my self .. ill post here so ì anyone encounter the same problem he can do thís well after the Full reset but no Luck then what i do is I manually Edit the Vẻizon Carrier Plist file through IFile availbale in cydia what i edit are bunch of thing i Edit OutgoingSmsprefix to my Country Code and for international Sms prefix and set it to Nil ...though i havent found this number 00900800 in the Carrier .plist but i found SImilar Number So i edit them to 0 and then Save the it ...now i can be able to send SMS locally and My phone do not sending SMS silently in the Background to that Particular Number

Aj-

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
alright i have Done the Trick my self .. ill post here so ì anyone encounter the same problem he can do thís well after the Full reset but no Luck then what i do is I manually Edit the Vẻizon Carrier Plist file through IFile availbale in cydia what i edit are bunch of thing i Edit OutgoingSmsprefix to my Country Code and for international Sms prefix and set it to Nil ...though i havent found this number 00900800 in the Carrier .plist but i found SImilar Number So i edit them to 0 and then Save the it ...now i can be able to send SMS locally and My phone do not sending SMS silently in the Background to that Particular Number

sir can you please elaborate what you did a little more in detail- i encounter the same problem luckily i had a blackberry which i am using right now but i want my 4S to be fixed :( .... can you gimme a step by step view of what you did please :) ?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
sir can you please elaborate what you did a little more in detail- i encounter the same problem luckily i had a blackberry which i am using right now but i want my 4S to be fixed :( .... can you gimme a step by step view of what you did please :) ?

this person hasn't been on here since that post so you might be out of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.