Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstrpeak

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Name of Application
RushPlayer

youtube Link

What's special:
Hardware decoding mode.
subtitle, audio track switch.
dual core support
and more...

Brief Application Description
the best video player for ios devices, supporting all video formats with fluent playback speed.

Promotional Code for Application
PXEEHRAE9PNL

Brief History of Developer or Development Company
we are new to ios platform, but we have been working on symbian for years with video player too.

Other Applications You’ve Developer
we got another free ios app, RushRadio, which provides thousands of online radios for free.
and mkv2mp4, which is used to convert mkv to mp4 files.

Developer Contact Email
run2rush@gmail.com

mzl.cwzupkoq.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.dwnqlbzl.320x480-75.jpg

we provide the best playback speed and user experience, and most of important of all, we are actively developing on it every day, responsive to all user feedback

we are planing to add more features to subtitles support and improve the hardware decoding function.

RushPlayer has been on sale for quite a while. we got many positive feedback on app store, please check below link for screenshots, detailed descriptions and reviews from our users
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rushplayer/id452990487?mt=8

anyone who is interested in this app leave a reply here, i will send it to you if i got any promo code left. thanks!

Last edited:

mstrpeak

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
new version 1.4.4 uploaded

add open in support and retina display for the new pad.

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
North Carolina
I would like to check it out also, I assume the page linked is out of promo codes though as it says "no codes" on the bottom. I figured I would ask here if you had any more either way.

vjacques

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
what makes it different to GoodPlayer, BUZZ Player HD and especially AVPlayerHD with EC Player (which supports some sort of hardware decoding too)? would like to try it with the code too though!

mstrpeak

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
i have sent the left promo codes to people who replied.
the big difference to other media players is that we are much faster ;P
we also provide complete dual core support, also the only player has hardware decoding mode ;P

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
we also provide complete dual core support, also the only player has hardware decoding mode ;P

Anymore left?

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Some feedback after a moderate amount of usage of v.1.4.3:

Pros:
-- Did not need to convert an MKV into MP4 for smooth playback. It did it out of the box.
-- Wi-Fi uploading works very well
-- Volume boost beyond 100% is a definite plus

Cons:
-- "Documents" should be called "Files"
-- "Setting" should be called "Settings"
-- Having 4 separate buttons on the main menu screen does not utilise the additional screen estate well. My suggestion would be to adopt a tile-based approach with appropriate high-quality icons
-- Grey RushPlayer logo on the main screen is a bit depressing. I would suggest using the app icon as it is more colourful
-- Make all on-off settings to be standard Apple toggles
-- In the "Documents" area, icons should be on a per-file type basis to allow easy distinguishing when there are lots of files
-- "Back" button should be Apple standard one
-- "Gear" icon should be changed to "Edit" button. The former means additional options, but there aren't any
-- When tapping the refresh button (make it look like one), the time stamp in the right corner gets overlayed by playlist button.
-- What does "Use Retina" mean?
-- "Use Gesture" should be "Use Gestures" since there are more than one
-- Backgrounds should be selectable from a user-list of images
-- Exclamation mark menu should be shown directly below instead of splashing in the middle of the screen

I look forward to enhancements in future releases. Keep up the good work! :)

mstrpeak

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
^^

i'd love a promo code plz... love to test this out.

we have just sent out all our codes, but will get another 50 in several days;P

----------

Thank you for these feedback! will definitely take some of those ;P
Some feedback after a moderate amount of usage of v.1.4.3:

Pros:
-- Did not need to convert an MKV into MP4 for smooth playback. It did it out of the box.
-- Wi-Fi uploading works very well
-- Volume boost beyond 100% is a definite plus

Cons:
-- "Documents" should be called "Files"
-- "Setting" should be called "Settings"
-- Having 4 separate buttons on the main menu screen does not utilise the additional screen estate well. My suggestion would be to adopt a tile-based approach with appropriate high-quality icons
-- Grey RushPlayer logo on the main screen is a bit depressing. I would suggest using the app icon as it is more colourful
-- Make all on-off settings to be standard Apple toggles
-- In the "Documents" area, icons should be on a per-file type basis to allow easy distinguishing when there are lots of files
-- "Back" button should be Apple standard one
-- "Gear" icon should be changed to "Edit" button. The former means additional options, but there aren't any
-- When tapping the refresh button (make it look like one), the time stamp in the right corner gets overlayed by playlist button.
-- What does "Use Retina" mean?
-- "Use Gesture" should be "Use Gestures" since there are more than one
-- Backgrounds should be selectable from a user-list of images
-- Exclamation mark menu should be shown directly below instead of splashing in the middle of the screen

I look forward to enhancements in future releases. Keep up the good work! :)

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
Went ahead and purchased it...

new version has been uploaded, we should have 50 more codes in several days:D
I thought about it and decided to purchase it, mainly because I like to support developers that get good feedback from forums. Also, I noticed that you needed people to review it as well when you have multiple updates it only shows the most recent feedback for the current version. Hopefully those who got the free promos will at least support you and provide positive feedback, I intend to do so as well whenever I have opportunity to try it out. Thank you again for coming to the forums and letting us know about your unique application, giving us the opportunity to provide suggestions, and most importantly sharing with community, that was very generous of you.

-----
I like the capability to watch foreign television which is included in this app, perhaps for learning a new language. Unfortunately I do not know most of the languages. I would like to be able to edit the names of the channels or add a name field off to the side that I can make my own notes about what that channel shows; otherwise, I have to count down from the top the list especially on the Asian channels. I would also like to put a parental password on a channel, such as Thailand's nice channel, which advertises adult situations. Also you may need to put an adult disclaimer because you are streaming television from various countries and do not have control over what adult content maybe included in their shows. I caution you with this, because Apple may end up pulling your application from the Apple store if it does not have such disclaimers. This is truly a unique application that I am surprised has made it onto the Apple Store, I look forward to seeing what improvements you can make and I hope it never gets removed, but glad I purchased it in case it does. Spotted HBO, Cinemax on one of the Chinese channels, it was in English but had Chinese subtitles. Legally I see no way that Apple will allow this to stay on the Apple store. Get it while you can people. I just wish it had some sort of Internet tether built into it too so it would have all the cool things before it gets removed.

Last edited:

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I would also like to test it out. I'm sick of repacking mkv files into mp4 just so the iPad can play them.

udayrulz

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010

Would love an invite mate :)

tips

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2011
On Top Of The World
Hello,
I just bought GoodPlayer,
Copied one .mov file through their http link upload to ipad3,
But this did not play.

I want to try the same using RushPlayer,
Please send promocode.
thanks

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Guys, there is a Lite version available. Not entirely sure of the limitations, but did you try it?

mstrpeak

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Yes, there is a lite version for you to try out our app, the performance is close except for the banner ad.
thank you all, i will definitely give everyone in this thread a promo code if you need one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.