Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCrosoft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Wouldn't it be great to be able to sell, buy, and trade items within this community?

Just a thought.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
There is one, but you cannot access it until you have been a member for 180 days and have 250 posts.

iCrosoft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
But you're way under the needed 250 posts.

Looks like I'll be contributing my 2¢ more often from now on.

And still, I won't be able to even view it until then? What about contributing members?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You cannot view it until then. I"m not sure, but I think contributing members are still bound by the requirements.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Mod, I'm unable to even view it until then? I'm way past 180 days..

Correct. You need to meet both requirements to even view it ... and please don't go making one-word or useless posts just to reach the 250-post limit.

----------

... but I think contributing members are still bound by the requirements.

Correct. Contributing to the site does not open up access to an avatar or the marketplace early.

iCrosoft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Correct. You need to meet both requirements to even view it ... and please don't go making one-word or useless posts just to reach the 250-post limit.

----------

Correct. Contributing to the site does not open up access to an avatar or the marketplace early.

Yes, I understand the whole point is for members to contribute something helpful, rather than spam.

IMHO a financial contribution should be just as valuable as a helpful post.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas

While I understand your point, it isn't about buying a way to access these things - anyone can do that - we are looking to establish a sense of community through posting contributions.

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
Yes, I understand the whole point is for members to contribute something helpful, rather than spam.

I think allowing contributing members automatically would open the door to more commercial posts, since those who want to make money like this are most likely not going to post elsewhere.

iCrosoft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I think allowing contributing members automatically would open the door to more commercial posts, since those who want to make money like this are most likely not going to post elsewhere.

Wouldn't 'dealers' be required to have a commercial account with additional rules and their own section of the forum?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Wouldn't 'dealers' be required to have a commercial account with additional rules and their own section of the forum?

Dealers are not allowed to sell here, but you may see members with a Vendor tag - they are allowed to use the forums, but not advertise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.