Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronweathers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
UPad continues to FAIL on the retina display. What can possibly explain why this company tooK so long to issue an update/ bug fix to run their ucrap product on the new iPad, only to have their pitiful update effort FAIL once again.

I downloaded the latest update earlier today, and indeed, it fixed the screen display problem (no longer does small black squares fill the display). Yippee, I thought, back to work! Within 30 seconds, I was again cursing every Pockeysoft employee's heritage. When attempting to use the black chalkboard background with a white pen, using the magnifying tool, I encountered the first bug...using a white pen, with the white background of the magnify tool, you cannot see what stroke you are making. This bug did not exist with the non retina iPad, because the white pen stroke turned black in the magnify window to enable you to track your stoke.

The second bug, still involves the magnify tool. Enter strokes in the magnify window, only to find them disappear when your reach the autoshift area in the window.

What a bunch of idiots. I want my money back and so should you.

Last edited:

omni

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Says in the description:

Bugs on current version (1.95)
We have found that there are some bugs on magnifying input mode and other features. Fixed version is under Apple's urged review and will be released in a couple of days.

Put down the pitchforks people

aflorest

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
Used to be a good app...

I used this app very often until I switched iPads (got rid of my old one) and when I restored from backup all my notes were GONE and had no way to recover them. This was a big set back and really upset me that it was not backed up and there was no warning of my notes not being backed up.

In addition to the magnifying view problems that have been reported earlier, when I open a document it says the original document is invalid, please reset...

I am very dissapointed in this app which I recommended to several friends (I hope they dont upgrade their iOS or switch ipads). I have sent several emails to the developers which say that Apple is reviewing the update and it will come out in a few days. It has been at least a couple of mpnths since I have been getting this reply which makes me think the problem is not on Apple but on the developer side.

Since I had this problem I have been using NOTEABILITY which does great and can send files to Dropbox (so you dont lose your notes) and is very user friendly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.