Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is there any way to get the date next to the time in the status bar without using SBSettings?

Last edited:

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Holy S#!&%!

I just posted the EXACT same thread at the EXACT same time.

Damn. :eek:

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
statustweak

2 negatives about this app:

1) it costs $3.00

2) the "time" can no longer remain centered on the status bar (shifts "time" to either the left or to the right)

Any other suggestions?

----------

status tweak just froze my phone

Was this a "purchased" version or "pirated?"

I've read that pirated versions locks up/freezes your phone.

----------

FYI, really strange that Springtomize 2 does NOT have the feature to add the date to the SB.

That app pretty much does everything else. Damn shame.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
2 negatives about this app:

1) it costs $3.00

2) the "time" can no longer remain centered on the status bar (shifts "time" to either the left or to the right)

Any other suggestions?

Arrangestatusbar

I have used both statustweak and arrangestatusbar. My guess is arrangestatusbar is more up your alley.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
UPDATE: Decided to "bite the bullet" and purchase StatusTweak from Cydia to give it a go firsthand.

To my surprise, this app did exactly what I wanted by replacing the "carrier name" with the date.

Under "Miscellaneous Tweaks" > "Status Bar Items".....I enabled "Replace with Date" toggle + under the "Padding" settings.....I moved the slider bar all the way to the right in order to create more space between the date and my signal bars icon.

I left all other settings to OFF, as I did not need to tweak anything else on my Status Bar. Attached is a screenshot of my home screen - so 3bs and other members considering potentially purchasing this app can see what it looks like.

BTW, I did not experience any issues with freezing/lock-ups whatsoever. Running very smooth!

Thanks to 0m3ga for suggesting this app! Just what I was looking for (although I don't think it's worth $3, but that's another story)

Attachments

• Photo Apr 01, 12 32 45 AM.png
    Photo Apr 01, 12 32 45 AM.png
    805.9 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
UPDATE: Decided to "bite the bullet" and purchase StatusTweak from Cydia to give it a go firsthand.

To my surprise, this app did exactly what I wanted by replacing the "carrier name" with the date.

Under "Miscellaneous Tweaks" > "Status Bar Items".....I enabled "Replace with Date" toggle + under the "Padding" settings.....I moved the slider bar all the way to the right in order to create more space between the date and my signal bars icon.

I left all other settings to OFF, as I did not need to tweak anything else on my Status Bar. Attached is a screenshot of my home screen - so 3bs and other members considering potentially purchasing this app can see what it looks like.

BTW, I did not experience any issues with freezing/lock-ups whatsoever. Running very smooth!

Thanks to 0m3ga for suggesting this app! Just what I was looking for (although I don't think it's worth $3, but that's another story)

Id like to keep my carrier symbol so is I'd have to get arrangestatusbar which kept making my phone respring in the past. And does the date have to be month/day/year? I want it to be day/month

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
"statusbarcustomclock4" is what I use. Makes it completely customizable.

Mine now says: Sun 4/1 - 4:49

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Can't find it on cydia with just the default repos. Did you add any repo?

Edit: I found it on this source and it does exactly what I want! but I'm not exactly sure if it's a reliable source or if this is cracked or not http://cydia.myrepospace.com/RRR/

Last edited:

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Id like to keep my carrier symbol so is I'd have to get arrangestatusbar which kept making my phone respring in the past. And does the date have to be month/day/year? I want it to be day/month

There is an option in StatusTweak to HIDE the year and just display Month/Day.

----------

Can't find it on cydia with just the default repos. Did you add any repo?

Edit: I found it on this source and it does exactly what I want! but I'm not exactly sure if it's a reliable source or if this is cracked or not http://cydia.myrepospace.com/RRR/

With Apple no longer signing 5.01 and with no current option to restore the iPhone 4S, I'd be VERY careful installing apps/tweaks from unknown-untrusted repos.

But that's just me.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
There is an option in StatusTweak to HIDE the year and just display Month/Day.

statusbarcustomclock4 is a free tweak (at least I think it is) and it does what I want and I can manipulate the date format and also include free memory.

With Apple no longer signing 5.01 and with no current option to restore the iPhone 4S, I'd be VERY careful installing apps/tweaks from unknown-untrusted repos.

But that's just me.

Didn't think about that. Seems to be working fine so far. It only has 12 packages in it that are a year old.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
^^^ Glad it's what you wanted and it's working out well for you 3bs.

p.s. next time either you or I consider starting a 'new thread'.....we should consult one another first. :p

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009

Thanks

I got this working on my ipad just like that

Copy & paste this in the settings of that tweak

EE M/d - h:mm

And select English if your in America

you can find this tweak in the same repo from fakeclockup

repo
http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012

Hey HickDead, any chance you still have that wallpaper? If so, care to share?

Elorahd

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
How to change time?

Does anyone know how to get it out of military time and add back the am/pm? I tried the guys blog but it's all in Japanese.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Does anyone know how to get it out of military time and add back the am/pm? I tried the guys blog but it's all in Japanese.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for but if you use Google Chrome it can translate the whole page for you.

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
I got this working on my ipad just like that

Copy & paste this in the settings of that tweak

EE M/d - h:mm

And select English if your in America

you can find this tweak in the same repo from fakeclockup

http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

Thanks, StatusBarCustomClock4 worked great on my iPad as well.

Used string: E M/d - h:mm:ss a - FM
To get: Thu 7/19 - 5:56:32 PM - 532M

Ever since I ditched SBSettings in favor of NCSettings, I've been looking for a status bar date/time/memory alternative.

----------

He gives the link http://bit.ly/cBXiN9 in his settings. This shows the various string options available.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Thanks, StatusBarCustomClock4 worked great on my iPad as well.

Used string: E M/d - h:mm:ss a - FM
To get: Thu 7/19 - 5:56:32 PM - 532M

Ever since I ditched SBSettings in favor of NCSettings, I've been looking for a status bar date/time/memory alternative.

----------

He gives the link http://bit.ly/cBXiN9 in his settings. This shows the various string options available.

Is there a diff in using 2 EE instead of one ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.