Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:41 AM   #1
gneville
macrumors newbie

Windows 7 drivers

Morning all,

When i boot into windows 7 I noticed the battery life is very poor and the MBA gets really hot.

If i try update the intel drivers I get BSOD.

So my question - what are the latest Apple-released windows 7 drivers, and how often do they get updated?

Thanks in advance
gneville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:47 AM   #2
ConCat
Banned

Part of the Boot Camp install process involves you making a flash drive (or some other removable storage) containing the drivers so you can install them in Windows. If you don't have such a thing, go back to Boot Camp Assistant and create it. These drivers are updated when they're updated, it depends on when Apple has a reason to do so.
ConCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:48 AM   #3
77slevin
macrumors member

Here you'll find the Bootcamp drivers for Windows 7. It's sorted by model type.
You could download for your version and extract the needed drivers from the file.
2012 i7 2,6GHz Mac Mini 16GB 256GB
77slevin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:49 AM   #4
gneville
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConCat View Post
Part of the Boot Camp install process involves you making a flash drive (or some other removable storage) containing the drivers so you can install them in Windows. If you don't have such a thing, go back to Boot Camp Assistant and create it. These drivers are updated when they're updated, it depends on when Apple has a reason to do so.
Yep that's how I did the initial install.. The drivers seem poor for Windows, I just wondered if there was a driver repository somewhere of more up to date drivers that are MBA compatible.
gneville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:56 AM   #5
ConCat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneville View Post
Yep that's how I did the initial install.. The drivers seem poor for Windows, I just wondered if there was a driver repository somewhere of more up to date drivers that are MBA compatible.
If there are any drivers on the internet, they're not likely to be certified to work with a Mac just because Apple tends to have pretty tight control over these things. Drivers from part manufacturers sometimes work, but if you're getting BSODs, then I suppose they don't in your case.
ConCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air