Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

Nintendo DS Emulator for iPad?

I'm just curious as to why there isn't a DS emulator in Cydia since I think the iPad 2 and new iPad (once a public jailbreak is released) should be able to run it fine. Plus the iPad has the screen space necessary for the dual screens. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing as to why there isn't one yet?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 01:50 AM   #2
fullmanfullninj
macrumors regular

That will be interesting.

First time I tried any DS emulation on my desktop was choppy and laggy (around pre-2009). Got bored/forgot about DS emulation and I think like 2010 tried it again and it was less choppy and laggy...noticeably less, but still apparent.

I dunno if they've perfected DS emulation for desktops now, even. Last I used was NO$GBA...you had to get firmwares and whatever or something (seriously...been a long time and I barely played haha).

Desktops (back then) and iPads were/are certainly powerful enough...but iPad emulation is contingent on desktop emulation being close to perfect (by that I mean playable).
fullmanfullninj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmanfullninj View Post
That will be interesting.

First time I tried any DS emulation on my desktop was choppy and laggy (around pre-2009). Got bored/forgot about DS emulation and I think like 2010 tried it again and it was less choppy and laggy...noticeably less, but still apparent.

I dunno if they've perfected DS emulation for desktops now, even. Last I used was NO$GBA...you had to get firmwares and whatever or something (seriously...been a long time and I barely played haha).

Desktops (back then) and iPads were/are certainly powerful enough...but iPad emulation is contingent on desktop emulation being close to perfect (by that I mean playable).
Well I currently use Desmume on my MBP and it works rather well, although it crashes every so often (not sure if it's bad coding or some other problem). But in general it's pretty usable. That's what prompted me to ask if an iPad version would be possible.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Siggen
macrumors 6502

Try to compile it just for fun ^_^
Siggen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks