Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 5, 2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Happytodd
macrumors regular

iTunes error: 11, restoring to 5.0.1

Dear users,

I have a slight problem, I am trying to update my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 5.0.1. For some reason though iTunes keeps giving me an error 11 message. After doing some googling it appears as though its to do with the baseband, and it tells me to use a custom IPSW file.

Is there anyway to update my iPhone to 5.0.1 using the official 5.0.1.ipsw file?

P.S I have TinyUmbrella on with TSS Server enabled, my blobs are saved and my phone is in DFU mode.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 05:43 AM   #2
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

Some more google would have shown you that now 5.1 is out you cannot update to 5.01 without using a custom file with your SHSH and APticket stitched to the custom IPSW

try googling on that or browse the numerous threads on this subject on this forum.
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Trranceman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytodd View Post
Dear users,

I have a slight problem, I am trying to update my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 5.0.1. For some reason though iTunes keeps giving me an error 11 message. After doing some googling it appears as though its to do with the baseband, and it tells me to use a custom IPSW file.

Is there anyway to update my iPhone to 5.0.1 using the official 5.0.1.ipsw file?

P.S I have TinyUmbrella on with TSS Server enabled, my blobs are saved and my phone is in DFU mode.
there is nothing wrong with updating to 5.1 while preserving baseband for later unlock, as i know gevey is working with 5.1 with preserved baseband, so what is the point of updating it to already non-signed apple firmware when you can update it to latest firmware without any problem
Trranceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trranceman View Post
there is nothing wrong with updating to 5.1 while preserving baseband for later unlock, as i know gevey is working with 5.1 with preserved baseband, so what is the point of updating it to already non-signed apple firmware when you can update it to latest firmware without any problem
Well maybe if you want an untethered JB instead of a tethered JB is does make sense to be on 5.01 instead of 5.1
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Happytodd
macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies guys,

Sorry I didn't google enough it just got confusing for me as I panic when I try and restore etc >.<

I'll just wait until a untethered jailbreak for 5.1 comes out and upgrade to that. Since it will save me the hassle going through TinyUmbrella and what have you!

P.S I called up my phone provider the other day to unlock my phone, and they said it'll be unlocked on the next restore.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks