Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Every now and then, regardless of what I'm doing at the time, there is this weird buzzing noise, which goes away either by itself after a few seconds, or if I touch the screen. The Book is still useable, it's just a tad annoying. Does anyone have or has anyone had such a symptom?

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
The sound that your hearing, if its a buzzing/wizzing sound is probably the capicators starting to crap out, or possibly the inverter.

Exact same thing happened to a Alienware Laptop I had for a few years, screen s tarting making exactly the same sound, went out a few weeks later.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
The sound that your hearing, if its a buzzing/wizzing sound is probably the capicators starting to crap out, or possibly the inverter.

Exact same thing happened to a Alienware Laptop I had for a few years, screen s tarting making exactly the same sound, went out a few weeks later.

Huh. I guess my capacitors must be going down with a fight. My Book has been buzzing for more than a year!

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
99% it's inverter. It could work like that for another year ;)
Simply wait until it will die, then replace the inverter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.