Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games

Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:16 AM   #1
taeclee99
macrumors 6502a

PSP Launcher released!!!!

The piracy cat is now officially out of the bag! This new launcher for the PSP has finally been released. Granted it only plays lumines from the memory card and does not support sound for now.

Read about it here

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000400048945/
Old Jul 1, 2005, 05:09 AM   #2
Dagless
macrumors Core

thats all very well and good (would increase battery life no?) but aren't these games like 1.5Gb or something? do they even make 1.5Gb Memory Sticks (assuming you play them off this instead).

after reading that article i think i might get a PSP, but only when its at a reasonable price. just for the emulators n junk. unless they release MegaDrive and an Original GB emulator for DS.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 09:14 AM   #3
Sol
macrumors 65832

Send a message via Skype™ to Sol
Two options for SONY

With a 2 GB Memory Stick you could copy a UMD image and still have room for some music. To protect their platform from piracy, SONY should either not release a 2GB Memory Stick or take the feature out of the PSP. It could be replaced by internal memory .

Now, just to even things out, I would like to take this opportunity and let PSP players know what it's like to hear their insightful opinions every time a DS thread starts:

The DS is much better than PSP. It costs less and yet it has twice the screens that the PSP does. One is even a touch screen! It has stereo speakers. Games load instantly. GameBoy Advance games can be played on it. The PSP will never have a library the size of what the DS can play.

Balance is restored in the force.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:43 AM   #4
kuyu
macrumors 6502a

Cool, I knew it would only be a matter of time. Sony's accidently pulled a M$ and made their new system a hacker's dream come true. I may get one of these in a couple of years if the price gets reasonable.

Good job computer wizards...
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:35 AM   #5
taeclee99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjimmi
thats all very well and good (would increase battery life no?) but aren't these games like 1.5Gb or something? do they even make 1.5Gb Memory Sticks (assuming you play them off this instead).

after reading that article i think i might get a PSP, but only when its at a reasonable price. just for the emulators n junk. unless they release MegaDrive and an Original GB emulator for DS.
Most games released so far have been under 1 gig in size. Perhaps GTA will be larger than that. Lumines the only game working so far from the memory stick is only 200 megs.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6
lordmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
With a 2 GB Memory Stick you could copy a UMD image and still have room for some music. To protect their platform from piracy, SONY should either not release a 2GB Memory Stick or take the feature out of the PSP. It could be replaced by internal memory .

Sony has already had a 2gb memory stick duo out for a while now. And i would have gotten one if they weren't insanely expensive . But im hoping the psp's will drive the cost down of the memory stick duo's.
But also it turns out most games only take about 200 megs or so from what i have heard, i mean in the future they may take more. Thats what so nice about the disk format it gives the developer lots of space to work with, and concentrate on making really good games rather then on worrying about if it will be to big.

ps. sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes.
in fact sorry for any mistakes at all

Last edited by lordmac; Jul 1, 2005 at 12:00 PM.
lordmac is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games