Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

impact_blue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I really wanted to get this mouse for my PB, but I've read that it totally sucks due to the speed problems and jumping. Has any else experienced this with their mac? And what other great BT mice are there that work well with a BT Powerbook? THANKS! ;)

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer that works just fine with my PowerBook, the tilt wheel doesn't work, but it's not that useful anyway.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
witness said:
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer that works just fine with my PowerBook, the tilt wheel doesn't work, but it's not that useful anyway.

I have a MS Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer (latest version), and the tilt wheel works fine with Mozilla (but not with the rest of OS X). The scroll wheel is a bit jumpy, though. Otherwise, a great mouse!

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
impact_blue said:
I really wanted to get this mouse for my PB, but I've read that it totally sucks due to the speed problems and jumping. Has any else experienced this with their mac? And what other great BT mice are there that work well with a BT Powerbook? THANKS! ;)
It was a little slow ... until Tiger.

Now it rocks.

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
The MX1000 is awesome. i have it, and yeah you have a reciever for it, but it's the best mouse i've ever used.

aboutthat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
Washington, DC
I have an MX900 and for most things it's great, like just bumming around on the web, etc. I do notice that it can get a little jumpy when using it for gaming from time to time, but I have a corded mouse for those occasions. It's nice to have for portability's sake (yay no wires!) or controlling movies from my bed. I'll have to see if things have gotten better since Tiger though, I haven't tried anything that really requires good mousing (word?) since I upgraded-not at my PB now, can report back later. What are you using it for?

PS: Having so many buttons is great! I've mapped them to Expose and Dashboard so I no longer have to use pesky keyboard shortcuts :D

impact_blue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
aboutthat said:
I have an MX900 and for most things it's great, like just bumming around on the web, etc. I do notice that it can get a little jumpy when using it for gaming from time to time, but I have a corded mouse for those occasions. It's nice to have for portability's sake (yay no wires!) or controlling movies from my bed. I'll have to see if things have gotten better since Tiger though, I haven't tried anything that really requires good mousing (word?) since I upgraded-not at my PB now, can report back later. What are you using it for?

PS: Having so many buttons is great! I've mapped them to Expose and Dashboard so I no longer have to use pesky keyboard shortcuts :D

I'm typically gonna use it just to do daily tasks on my PB ie: surfing the web & other random tasks. But being a graphic designer and using Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, ect... I'm thinkin the sluggish part is gonna get me, which is the reason why I'm hesitant to buy this mouse. I swear if the MX1000 was BT or if Logictech had Mac Drivers for the MX900 I wouldn't have this problem :p

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
impact_blue said:
I'm typically gonna use it just to do daily tasks on my PB ie: surfing the web & other random tasks.
It should work nicely for those tasks.

But being a graphic designer and using Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, ect... I'm thinkin the sluggish part is gonna get me, which is the reason why I'm hesitant to buy this mouse.
I seriously don't feel the lag since upgrading to Tiger. It was pretty bad in Panther, but they seem to have resolved that in the upgrade.

Try this: Buy it and take it for a test drive. If you don't like it, just return it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.