Working at MD Anderson - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 7, 2012, 04:40 PM   #1
determined09
macrumors 6502

Working at MD Anderson

I live in the Houston area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about MD Anderson. Is it good place to work? Is there a lot favoritism? Does anyone know anything about their pharmacy department? How much does it cost to park there as an employee. I trying to decide if I would want work there.

Thanks

Last edited by determined09; Apr 7, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
determined09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2
lot of apples
macrumors newbie

I would say the pharmacy is the best run division in that hospital.
Overall, MD Anderson is a decent, but not awesome place to work.

Pay is good, benefits are decent. Raises have been minimal lately.

On the downside, it is the most intensely political workplace I have ever seen, and there is tons of favoritism, It used to be a lot more friendly, but it has really gotten worse lately. Lots of unecessary stress on the employee, as if taking care of sick cancer patients wasn't stressful enough already.

On the upside, the pharmacy does a good job of protecting their employees. So if you want to work there, it would be worth considering at least.

Parking is very expensive in the whole medical center area. Expect to pay through the nose to park in close, or add 20-30 minutes to your commute to catch a shuttle in from the outlying lots.
lot of apples is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:17 PM   #3
renewed
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lot of apples View Post
I would say the pharmacy is the best run division in that hospital.
Their accounting department is definitely nothing to brag about; being in property management and having to exclude them from any future contracts due to failure to pay.

Quote:
Parking is very expensive in the whole medical center area. Expect to pay through the nose to park in close, or add 20-30 minutes to your commute to catch a shuttle in from the outlying lots.
I know of a spot off of Holcombe that is $6 per day with a free shuttle (not sure if that is expensive or cheap to whomever is concerned) and then there is also the option of living close depending on needs and personal budget.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion