Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 7, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1
SRLMJ23
macrumors 6502a

Anything we can do when iTunes Match doesnt give us our explicit music?

iTunes Match has really messed up my iTunes library, it has changed so many of my albums from explicit to clean and it's really bothering me. It sucks playing your system in your car and having silent gaps in music all the time. Is there anything we can do like get ahold of iTunes dept. and ask for redownloads or anything? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do? Any help would be great, thanks in advance!!!!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 08:12 AM   #2
LaWally
macrumors 6502a

This has been a problem since day one of iTunes Match, and to date there is no solution. Apple is still working on it.

As I understand it, one of the ways iTunes Match matches on music is by taking a waveform acoustic fingerprint of the first n seconds of a song. However, if no explicit language occurs in those first n seconds, the explicit "form" of the song will be identical to the clean "form" of the song. An interesting problem.

Don't know how Apple will solve it.
LaWally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 08:54 AM   #3
SRLMJ23
macrumors 6502a

Yeah it sucks man, I mean I have over 12,000 songs and I don't even know how many albums, and most of my albums are rap albums that were purchased through iTunes and I HATE the fact iTunes Match did this. Apple owes us our music back! Sorry, had to rant.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Masterfox72
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWally View Post
This has been a problem since day one of iTunes Match, and to date there is no solution. Apple is still working on it.

As I understand it, one of the ways iTunes Match matches on music is by taking a waveform acoustic fingerprint of the first n seconds of a song. However, if no explicit language occurs in those first n seconds, the explicit "form" of the song will be identical to the clean "form" of the song. An interesting problem.

Don't know how Apple will solve it.
I guess the only way is to increase the timeframe, n seconds.
Masterfox72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:40 PM   #5
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

yeah I ended up going back to an old library because of this, I paid for something I'm not even using because of this bug.

Match also makes an incredible mess of the library.

Im really disappointed with match, its too bad because its such a good concept that clearly wasn't tested much or executed well.
iEvolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:32 AM   #6
luke.mac1
macrumors member

I guess it would be good to have a checkbox in iTunes Match settings, so you could select whether you wanted to download explicit or clean versions.... would save a lot of hassle.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:59 PM   #7
babens
macrumors member

I haven't had problems with the clean/explicit tracks, but I have had several songs from both the Hercules and Aladdin soundtracks download in foreign language versions when I try to add them to my phone through match. They are still correct in my iTunes library, though, do I'm not freaking over the issue...yet.
babens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:53 PM   #8
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

One of many reasons I never used iTunes match plus the fact that I have way to much music and it would take days to sync lol
kaielement is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod