Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:10 PM   #1
sullez
macrumors 6502

Which Otterbox is real - which is fake (if any)>

Hello macrumors - so last week I purchased a red otter box defender case from my local at&t store in red the packaging said iPhone 4 but it fit just fine on my iPhone 4s. I then decided I wanted a black case so I found one for 27 dollars on amazon which arrived today and it looks identical to my red case that I bought from amazon - the packaging says iPhone 4 - but does NOT read that it comes with a holster (a holster was included) unfortunately this case did not have a perfect fit on one of the corners.

I decided to take a trip to my local walmart to see if they had any otter box defenders in black - they had them with the 4s on the packaging but when I opened the box I noticed that the silicone was not as thick as the silicone that was used on both the case I got from AT&T and the case from AMAZON.

Was the silicone changed between the 4 and 4s otter box defender cases?
sullez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:38 AM   #2
batotman
macrumors 6502

Some will say the fakes are garbage and the real ones are perfect. I ordered one recently direct and it was crap. The silicone didn't line up and visible injectiion points. If you like it, really that's all that matters. Personally I just throw the holsters away.
batotman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:42 AM   #3
mike5411
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullez View Post
Hello macrumors - so last week I purchased a red otter box defender case from my local at&t store in red the packaging said iPhone 4 but it fit just fine on my iPhone 4s. I then decided I wanted a black case so I found one for 27 dollars on amazon which arrived today and it looks identical to my red case that I bought from amazon - the packaging says iPhone 4 - but does NOT read that it comes with a holster (a holster was included) unfortunately this case did not have a perfect fit on one of the corners.

I decided to take a trip to my local walmart to see if they had any otter box defenders in black - they had them with the 4s on the packaging but when I opened the box I noticed that the silicone was not as thick as the silicone that was used on both the case I got from AT&T and the case from AMAZON.

Was the silicone changed between the 4 and 4s otter box defender cases?
I think so. I read in a posts in a forum a couple of weeks ago (no way I can find it now) that OtterBox did change the silicon between the two versions.
mike5411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 07:24 AM   #4
sullez
macrumors 6502

I'm just wondering why is the silicone thinner on the otter box defender 4s I got from walmart vs the silicone on the otter box defender 4's that I got from AT&T and Amazon.
sullez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories