Possibly the first new ipod touch rumor? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1
jedisaga
macrumors regular

Possibly the first new ipod touch rumor?

All,

Yes, I received a ton of responses to my posting from C-Net concerning the idea of Apple dumping the ipod touch. Thanks to all of you who contributed to that posting and had a very intelligent debate! Kudos!

Well, I found another really good article about the possibility of the ipod touch being updated this year!

http://gizmodo.com/5900590/ipod-touc...sh-it-deserves

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one!!!

jedisaga
jedisaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Techwriter
macrumors regular

Thank you for this post. I saw this article on 9to5Mac and for the first time believe there is going to be an update this Fall. Finally!
Techwriter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:19 PM   #3
jedisaga
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwriter View Post
Thank you for this post. I saw this article on 9to5Mac and for the first time believe there is going to be an update this Fall. Finally!
Yeah, I definitely feel Apple won't let us down this time and will give us a significant update to the ipod touch. I'm already considering where to sell my current model

jedisaga
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4
sracer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisaga View Post
Yeah, I definitely feel Apple won't let us down this time and will give us a significant update to the ipod touch. I'm already considering where to sell my current model

jedisaga
That's what the iPod Classic fans said too... keep hope alive!

A more reliable indicator is Apple having a free iPod w/Macbook promotional they run every year... except the year that there was no iPod Touch refresh.
sracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:04 AM   #5
jedisaga
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
That's what the iPod Classic fans said too... keep hope alive!

A more reliable indicator is Apple having a free iPod w/Macbook promotional they run every year... except the year that there was no iPod Touch refresh.
Very true and I'm sure we'll be getting even more rumors filtering in soon.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Siq®
macrumors member

Edit: I misread something. Forget about what I previously wrote...

Last edited by Siq®; Apr 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Siq® is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:20 AM   #7
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq® View Post
The rumors say that there's a plan for the new iPod Touch, and it's called iPod Touch 5.1 (Not the device) so one can think it's gonna be designed to run the iOS 5.1 way better than the previous model.
It's actually "iPod 5,1" and not "iPod 5.1". It might be a minor distinction, but it's how Apple identifies internal model numbers. The internal model number has nothing to do with what version of iOS was current when it was designed.

For all we know, iOS 6 might be out when these iPods are released. And it will run newer versions of iOS better just by having a better processor and such.

I have a 3rd generation iPod Touch and I don't see all the issues others are having with iOS 5. Maybe it's some app they're running?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:03 PM   #8
mlmwalt
macrumors 6502

I have a Gen2 and am running 5.1. I only use the music player and Numbers (which synchs to iCloud) and it is laggy as h311. I've deleted almost everything else off to cut down on interference, but to no avail.
mlmwalt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Siq®
macrumors member

Thank you for explaining. Actually, it was my mistake...
I misread this sentence from an article: "The report also cites evidence of an "iPod5,1" reference in iOS 5.1 code..." I read it as it was "iPod 5,1 as reference to the iOS 5.1" but it is actually 5,1 and it was IN iOS 5.1 and not referring to it.

Thank you anyway (:
Siq® is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Lunchbox700
macrumors regular

I would like to see it updated but honestly don't have any idea what would make me upgrade. I have an iPhone 4s and a 32gb 3rd gen iPod touch running iOS 4 something. The only thing bugging me a little about the iPod is the battery is starting to show its age.
Lunchbox700 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch