Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjared

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Dallas
So I'm not quite at the point of having a NAS but hopefully in the next year or so. I'd like to keep in mind the eventual migration of my iTunes Library over the the NAS but that is not of most import right now.

Music: 100gb
Movies: 365gb
TV Shows: 608gb

I currently have all my music on a separate drive form my iTunes folder and I manage it myself. (after ripping a cd or something, I copy the files onto the Music drive and then I drag them into iTunes) But with the purchase of more and more music from iTunes (and especially since I am upgrading the bitrate of my matched music) I find that I want to just let iTunes managed all my music. And also copy everything i import into iTunes into the iTunes library so that I can eliminate a step or two.

SO, my question is, How can I do this and still retain my Movies and TV Shows on separate drives? When I moved my iTunes library to a blank 500gb drive and told it to consolidate the files, it pops up an error that says the disk isn't big enough. Which is valid considering my extensive video collection.

Any ideas?
(sorry for the soapbox)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.