Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Risingkazuya05
macrumors member

Been on 3G now on 98003 (Federal Way, WA) since Friday 9/7. Will test out near Renton/Tukwila/Seattle tomorrow once at work. Look at the tests I've done. The highest one is the Wifi (my home router) but take a look at all the ones taken on 3G (Cel tower icons), I took one still on edge outside the current 3G area so u guys can tell the HUGE difference (huge MS on Ping)

Risingkazuya05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:14 PM   #27
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

Someone posted this elsewhere and I figured I'd share it with you guys. Not sure how accurate it is, but maybe that can be confirmed here? You can also submit your locations to add to the map.

http://airportal.de/

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the link was already posted on the first page.

Last edited by Agent-P; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Agent-P is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:04 PM   #28
johnsonroda27
macrumors newbie

Anyone have anything near king of prussia/norristown area outside of philly? As soon as this is activate im all over switching back to tmobile, i never wanted to leave except for the iphone..
johnsonroda27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 PM   #29
ClayStick
macrumors newbie

Talking 3G in Houston!! :D

You could see Houston in the map image next to the speed test image. Its by the red pin.
ClayStick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:50 AM   #30
PocketAces
macrumors newbie

3G just turned on today in central Minnesota. It looks to be a little on the slow side for 3G, but nonetheless an big improvement over EDGE.
Attached Images

PocketAces is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:04 AM   #31
aznjonny
macrumors newbie

Just noticed getting 3G today in Rosemead, CA!

aznjonny is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:19 PM   #32
jmcgeejr
macrumors 6502

My wife was in Belleview yesterday and got on 3g, she didnt do any speedtests "she's not techy" just said she noticed 3g on it.
jmcgeejr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:14 PM   #33
siiko
macrumors newbie

Im really exited about this, finally my unlocked iphone will support 3g with tmobile, cuz i will never sign a contract.

I was driving from brooklyn to north jersay this morning, saw my phone on 3g while passing thru staten island express way, so brooklyn get ready its just across the bridge by the treats/forums/posts i believe by the end of the year unlocked iphones with tmobile/simple mobile will enjoy 3g.
siiko is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:29 PM   #34
BrandonHacks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayStick View Post
You could see Houston in the map image next to the speed test image. Its by the red pin. Image Image
this is great news! I didnt expect texas to be this soon. I am really hoping within the next month dallas will see it as well.
BrandonHacks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:08 AM   #35
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Anyone have any news on Miami? Ill be buying an unlocked iPhone 5 when they go on sale and I hope they get the 3g running.... and LTE hopefully by the summer
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:58 PM   #36
Risingkazuya05
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgeejr View Post
My wife was in Belleview yesterday and got on 3g, she didnt do any speedtests "she's not techy" just said she noticed 3g on it.
She must have been near Bellevue Square or near Tmobile Headquarters
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:15 AM   #37
minik
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgeejr View Post
That's good to know. About a month ago at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, I overheard a woman decided to return her iPhone 4S due to T-mobile EDGE network. I have a 'supposed to be' unlocked iPhone 4 (AT&T) but have yet to verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjonny View Post

My friend lives in Arcadia, CA may be I should ask her that.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:31 AM   #38
XskylineX
macrumors newbie

Anxiously waiting for Nashville.
XskylineX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:22 AM   #39
SAMtheGAM
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjonny View Post

Heading west on the I-10 I picked up 3G on iPhone 4S a little before the Rosemead off ramp

Monterey Park, CA has 3G @ 1900 enabled at the cell site at Garfield Medical Center which seems to cover a wide area.
SAMtheGAM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:38 AM   #40
Risingkazuya05
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minik View Post
That's good to know. About a month ago at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, I overheard a woman decided to return her iPhone 4S due to T-mobile EDGE network. I have a 'supposed to be' unlocked iPhone 4 (AT&T) but have yet to verified
You can always test it with someone's Tmobile micro sim or u can check imei.info or other imei verification sites to verify if the phone is unlocked. After they (AT&T) unlocked mine, they asked me to restore it on iTunes and got the "unlocked successful" notification.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:23 PM   #41
Emburybrett
macrumors newbie

you can tell they are starting to roll it out faster because the coverage on that site has 5 times what it had 3 weeks ago when i lasted looked at it.
Emburybrett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:27 PM   #42
ivnj
macrumors 6502a

http://opensignalmaps.com/network-co...verage-map.php
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:30 PM   #43
BrandonHacks
macrumors regular

How does this help? Btw Dallas has been added yesterday! Good news for me. Hope they add fortworth next.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:32 PM   #44
ivnj
macrumors 6502a

That is the covergae map. Tells you where the 3g and 4g are. Uncheck 2g and leave 3g and 4g.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:58 PM   #45
BrandonHacks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivnj View Post
That is the covergae map. Tells you where the 3g and 4g are. Uncheck 2g and leave 3g and 4g.
pretty cool, but that's for current towers using the old band.. there is also a site that shows only the refarmed 3g networks.

Thanks though!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:02 AM   #46
DorkieDoode
macrumors newbie

Im also in Rosemead, CA next to Baldwin Ave and im consistently getting 3G signal this whole pass weekend. I've been testing in San Gabriel and it works too. But toward Monterey park it's back to edge. I'm sad that here at work I'm not getting it though. Hopefully one day it can come to work.

Here's the speed.
1: Edge at work
2: T-Mobile 3G at home
3: T-mobile 3G at home
4: Edge at home

Last edited by DorkieDoode; Sep 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
DorkieDoode is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:09 AM   #47
cbutters
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickn View Post
Kind of late to the thread, but whatever. Anyways, some people already have had T-Mobile 3G on their iPhone for several months now. According to one site, users in the Pacific Northwest, Nevada, Utah, and California should have 3G. Perhaps they could have been a bit more specific, but that is a good start.[COLOR="#808080"]
Utah has NEVER had iphone compatible 3G, I don't know why T-mobile sent out that press release, because if you look at the airportal.de map, you will see that the "pacific northwest" area is the LAST place that is starting to get 1900mhz 3g compatible with the iPhone.... I know because I have been waiting patiently for 2 years now for it to happen, and I am steamed that T-mobile says pacific northwest, nevada, utah is the first to get it, because we are the absolute last people getting it.... I will kiss the air the day I get iPhone compatible 3G on T-mobile.. if I would have known it would take this long, I might have switched already...

That said.... since they ACTUALLY started the 3G rollout just a month or two ago starting in washington, and NYC, it has actually spread REALLY fast (see the previous mentioned http://airportal.de website... I check it every day. I expect some 3G goodness here in Utah very soon ( I have noticed really strange things happening on the T-mobile network, which I am praying is a sign that they are testing the new iPhone compatible frequencies.)
cbutters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:17 AM   #48
swoosh0217
macrumors 6502a

I'm here in Beaverton Oregon and we finally have consistent 3G signal in the area. I go past Portland and it goes back to EDGE network but I'm sure by the end of this year, every area will have 3G signal.

swoosh0217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:53 AM   #49
hwnstyle21
macrumors newbie

Good to see parts of the 626 (I'm in San Gabriel) getting 3G. T-mobile does have an enticing $30 prepaid plan (100min, unl text, unl data 5gb before cap).
hwnstyle21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:04 PM   #50
ivnj
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwnstyle21 View Post
Good to see parts of the 626 (I'm in San Gabriel) getting 3G. T-mobile does have an enticing $30 prepaid plan (100min, unl text, unl data 5gb before cap).
I was thinking same thing except I'm chicago.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone