Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Concluding my previous thread about Netflix issues on my Apple TV, I am now in search of new Help.

After many phone calls and much stress, i have finally been told that Netflix on my Apple TV isnt actually connecting to Sky itself (my isp), but instead connecting to a VPN called VPS Senior Gift Solutions.

I have no idea what it is, what it means, or how to change it, but i do know that it seems to be activated by default on my Apple TV and only my Apple TV. Every other device connects directly to sky themselves, and there has never been a VPN setup on our network. Its a closed network, and no one else has access to it anyway.

Unfortunately its past Apple opening hours, so i cant contact them directly, but in the meantime, has anyone else heard of them, or had any issues with this in the past, or know how to resolve such an issue?

Even directly connected to the router, with nothing else at all on the network, even after a software restore, it still seems to connect tothis VPN on the ATV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.