Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1
sk8er123
macrumors newbie

Angry iMac G4 Logicboard

I just got a new logic board for my 700 MHz iMac g4 (one of the pins on the old one bended, airport slot went bad, heatsink came off...) but when I plug the new one up it won't give me the "bong" sound or power the monitor. Any ideas? The harddrive will spin and I think it is loading the operating system (just what it sounds like). The ram is good.
Thanks in advance. PLEASE PLEASE, help! I need this computer.
sk8er123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Macman756
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Macman756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er123 View Post
I just got a new logic board for my 700 MHz iMac g4 (one of the pins on the old one bended, airport slot went bad, heatsink came off...) but when I plug the new one up it won't give me the "bong" sound or power the monitor. Any ideas? The harddrive will spin and I think it is loading the operating system (just what it sounds like). The ram is good.
Thanks in advance. PLEASE PLEASE, help! I need this computer.
Bended? That made my night. LOL. It's probably your PSU if you're sure the part is a KGB. Check to make sure you installed it correctly, failing that, PSU.
Macman756 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs