Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:10 PM   #1
davidhood
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Do Readdle products fit together?

I can't get a grasp on Readdle products. Can someone help me out.

There's PDF expert, Readdle Docs, and now Remarks. In reading their website it looks like there's about 70% overlap in these products. When does one choose one over the other? Is one more full functioned? Do these products work together like a suite?

Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs? If I buy Remarks should I then not buy Docs?

Does anyone use all these products?

I hope their software is better than their marketing.
davidhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:22 PM   #2
spectre51
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to spectre51
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs?
Yes it manages documents you upload to it. Yeh there apps do have some overlap. Just gotta check the features to see which one is the best for your needs.

I only use PDF Expert right now. It's great BTW. I choose to just get it for the filling in of PDF forms. it didn't appear the other apps did that.
__________________
24" iMac '06 MacBook Pro '11 MacMini Airport Extreme & Express
spectre51 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Readdlemate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Readdlemate Send a message via Skype™ to Readdlemate
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
I can't get a grasp on Readdle products. Can someone help me out.

There's PDF expert, Readdle Docs, and now Remarks. In reading their website it looks like there's about 70% overlap in these products. When does one choose one over the other? Is one more full functioned? Do these products work together like a suite?

Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs? If I buy Remarks should I then not buy Docs?

Does anyone use all these products?

I hope their software is better than their marketing.
Hi David,

I'm here to help and to clarify a few things.

In short, all these apps are different. However, some functions do overlap.

ReaddleDocs is a file manager, that allows you to work with files, store or upload them, etc. It also has some basic PDF annotation features.

PDF Expert comes as an ultimate PDF editing app. It allows you to annotate, sign, fill in PDF forms, and much more. You can also read/play any other type of file.

Remarks is a note-taking application, which is great for handwriting, sketching ideas and co-working.

So, if the person does not need the advanced PDF features of PDF Expert, he/she can go with ReaddleDocs. Remarks bundles well with both PDF Expert and ReaddleDocs.

For advanced annotation, PDF Expert is much more powerful and convenient than Remarks.

I hope this helps.
__________________
Denys Zhadanov
My Twitter
Readdle Marketing guy
Readdlemate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:51 AM   #4
arklissa27
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
I can't get a grasp on Readdle products. Can someone help me out.

There's PDF expert, Readdle Docs, and now Remarks. In reading their website it looks like there's about 70% overlap in these products. When does one choose one over the other? Is one more full functioned? Do these products work together like a suite?

Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs? If I buy Remarks should I then not buy Docs?

Does anyone use all these products?

I hope their software is better than their marketing.
Hi my name is Lissa ark from London....If you're just concerned about getting the files into your ipad, that's not too big an issue.

Just about all pdf readers on ios support itunes sharing meaning you can import all the pdfs you want via itunes or a dedicated program like diskaid ($10) that gives you a little more flexibility. Goodreader can also mount your ipad as a wireless disk. In my view it's a wonderful way to read pdfs and has a great file management within the app.I want to know about Family History and Photo Repair If you know that then Reply
arklissa27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:38 AM   #5
davidhood
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
So as I understand it, Readdle Docs is maybe like a PDF Expert-Lite?

Does PDF expert have the same file management functions as Readdle Docs?

I already bought Readdle docs and it won't extract PDF pages. Will PDF Expert extract PDF pages quickly and easily? Or should I get Remarks? I don't need to sign, fill out forms, or highlight PDF materials, just simply delete or extract pages for email or evernote. Do Expert and Remarks have the same PDF engine and file management? If I buy one of these can I then delete Readdle docs or is there some functions I might need from it?

Based on reviews I've already spent time and money on several apps and still don't have what I need. Readdle Docs won't do it, Goodreader won't do it, Notability does it (but it's so excruciating slow that it's unusable)

A feature comparison chart on your website would go a long way toward preventing bad blood with your customers.

I appreciate your willingness to help and participate here. (Wish I would have known earlier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readdlemate View Post
Hi David,

I'm here to help and to clarify a few things.

In short, all these apps are different. However, some functions do overlap.

ReaddleDocs is a file manager, that allows you to work with files, store or upload them, etc. It also has some basic PDF annotation features.

PDF Expert comes as an ultimate PDF editing app. It allows you to annotate, sign, fill in PDF forms, and much more. You can also read/play any other type of file.

Remarks is a note-taking application, which is great for handwriting, sketching ideas and co-working.

So, if the person does not need the advanced PDF features of PDF Expert, he/she can go with ReaddleDocs. Remarks bundles well with both PDF Expert and ReaddleDocs.

For advanced annotation, PDF Expert is much more powerful and convenient than Remarks.

I hope this helps.
davidhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Readdlemate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Readdlemate Send a message via Skype™ to Readdlemate
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
So as I understand it, Readdle Docs is maybe like a PDF Expert-Lite?

Does PDF expert have the same file management functions as Readdle Docs?

I already bought Readdle docs and it won't extract PDF pages. Will PDF Expert extract PDF pages quickly and easily? Or should I get Remarks? I don't need to sign, fill out forms, or highlight PDF materials, just simply delete or extract pages for email or evernote. Do Expert and Remarks have the same PDF engine and file management? If I buy one of these can I then delete Readdle docs or is there some functions I might need from it?

Based on reviews I've already spent time and money on several apps and still don't have what I need. Readdle Docs won't do it, Goodreader won't do it, Notability does it (but it's so excruciating slow that it's unusable)

A feature comparison chart on your website would go a long way toward preventing bad blood with your customers.

I appreciate your willingness to help and participate here. (Wish I would have known earlier)

You don't have to delete ReaddleDocs. It goes perfectly well with Remarks, which allows you to extract page/pages from the document! I am showing how it is done on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzc-Lppuoxo (go straight to 3:30).

And latest update for Remarks is just amazing and being submitted to the AppStore today.

I will try to make a chart soon.

Best,
Den
__________________
Denys Zhadanov
My Twitter
Readdle Marketing guy
Readdlemate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:50 AM   #7
davidhood
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Does Remarks share the same file silo with Docs? Or does one need to use open-in to move files back and forth?

So Remarks has no file management ability? Correct?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Readdlemate View Post
You don't have to delete ReaddleDocs. It goes perfectly well with Remarks, which allows you to extract page/pages from the document! I am showing how it is done on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzc-Lppuoxo (go straight to 3:30).

And latest update for Remarks is just amazing and being submitted to the AppStore today.

I will try to make a chart soon.

Best,
Den
davidhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Readdlemate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Readdlemate Send a message via Skype™ to Readdlemate
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
Does Remarks share the same file silo with Docs? Or does one need to use open-in to move files back and forth?

So Remarks has no file management ability? Correct?
You can manage the files inside Remarks into folders (but it can't view any other files than PDFs).

We wanted to make the whole ecosystem for Readdle products via iCloud, but Apple was unhappy with that. So unfortunately, you have to use "Open In" or any other ways to get files into Remarks and ReaddleDocs separately.
__________________
Denys Zhadanov
My Twitter
Readdle Marketing guy
Readdlemate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:32 AM   #9
davidhood
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Does Remarks have the wifi drive, ftp, dropbox, idisk, webdav, evernote functions of Docs?

Does Remarks have the web browser like Docs?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Readdlemate View Post
You can manage the files inside Remarks into folders (but it can't view any other files than PDFs).

We wanted to make the whole ecosystem for Readdle products via iCloud, but Apple was unhappy with that. So unfortunately, you have to use "Open In" or any other ways to get files into Remarks and ReaddleDocs separately.
davidhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:33 AM   #10
Readdlemate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Readdlemate Send a message via Skype™ to Readdlemate
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
Does Remarks have the wifi drive, ftp, dropbox, idisk, webdav, evernote functions of Docs?

Does Remarks have the web browser like Docs?
Remarks does have webdav, dropbox and Google Docs. We are thinking of adding iCloud and working on Evernote integration. And no, there is no browser needed in the note-taking application.
__________________
Denys Zhadanov
My Twitter
Readdle Marketing guy
Readdlemate is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC