Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Kazahma
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Kazahma
Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.0

Anyone else unable to get this update to actually install? Downloads, restarts, continues to sit there and troll me each and every time.
Kazahma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:34 AM   #2
jnl1211
macrumors 6502

I can't find the link to back me up but it actually does install. Had the issue on Lion as well. I checked display in system preferences and it was updated but continued to show me the update. I'll see if I can find the discussion
jnl1211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:47 AM   #3
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

Itís been brought up before - itís a known bug with Software update. My theory is that the update thinks itís required due to a check that gets performed erroneously for some reason - probably a version number somewhere. Itís not needed because you already have it but it gets requested for some reason. Just ignore it since it wonít install again.

Apple is already aware of this undoubtedly and itís been brought up here before. It seems to be a low priority to fix since it wonít install anyway.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4
alexcanton
macrumors member

I can confirm that I was able to install this update on Mountain Lion DP2 on two MacBook Pro's and an iMac. Originally I couldn't, but I tried again the other day and they installed.
alexcanton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion