Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1
PaulWog
macrumors 6502

apps?

I hate asking this question, but here it is: I'm looking for apps worth buying.

I'm a student / business person / person who enjoys playing around on his iPad.

I've downloaded:
- pages
- calculator pro
- garageband
- angry birds
- procreate
- jetpack
- twitter
- messenger (facebook)
- iPhoto <-- waste in my opinion, thought it was a bit better

Anyway, what are some apps that should be drawn to my attention? I can't seem to find any good "top 100 apps" articles that are worth reading, and the app store isn't the easiest to sift through in terms of getting past the uninteresting-to-me stuff.
PaulWog is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2
JoeyBam
macrumors newbie

I downloaded an app yesterday named CalWizard. It's very cool, and has some wild features in addition to a great calendar. I think it's definitely worth getting.
JoeyBam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:53 AM   #3
playerout
macrumors newbie

I have entered the Iphone world two months ago...and always looking for good apps!

So it depends on what you're looking for..
I'll write you a list of the last apps I dowloaded..some are free, so worth trying them..
- Around me: nice app if you're travelling a lot. You can find anything you're looking for that's near you (with localizing system), so for example hospitals, cinemas, restaurants, pharmacy, theaters, taxi and sooooo on
- Evernote: if you're a student or business person, or you have many projects pendind (as I do!!) it's cool because you can have a sort of big box with all your notes about projects divided, you can add, you can schedule 'em, customize them. This you should try!
- Taskflow: I use it for my daily tasks, sort of personal to-do list, with alarms and reminders. Cool graphic (I love it!)

And, if you're in the "chat and social" mood...you must have whatsapp (but there's no need to tell)...and Heytell, as well as twitter and messenger (fb)
Heytell is cool because you can send vocal message (I use it with my friends and have soooo much fun with it!)

Oh yeah...last nut lot least..I just downloaded Tapatalk! If you are in the "forum world"..this is great because you can gather all the forums that you're following, see new threads, answer and comment, all by using one app!

Let me know if you tried something and let me know also if you've discovered some cool app to try!!
playerout is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:36 AM   #4
M3LCHOR
macrumors newbie

Get
istudiez pro
NoteShelf
Keynote
Pdf Expert
M3LCHOR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:01 AM   #5
shinobi-81
Banned

Tapatalk forum app

And if you liek to browse 4chan, there's an app for that too.
shinobi-81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
AppleDApp
macrumors 68020

Good Reader is a must for any student.
Dropbox makes it super simple to transfer files from your computer to various apps.
Get some productivity app of choice. I got the iWork suite, it works well but sometime changes the format of documents created on windows. I think Documents to go should work although I never tried it.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:05 PM   #7
spice weasel
macrumors 65816

Check out Zite and Flipboard. Both are free news aggregators that are customizable. You select some general categories that you'd like to see (tech, politics, music, etc.) and then you can add more specific categories. Flipboard has a great interface, but I like Zite a bit more. Both are worth checking out, though.

I second Evernote. Also free.

I've been trying out a bunch of different note taking and information organization apps. I like Noteability, which is a steal at $0.99. I love MagicalPad, which allows really nice mind mapping and ordered list creation (which you can also link to a mind map). I forgot how much I paid for it. Maybe a couple of bucks. It exports in various formats to several different services, including Dropbox and Evernote.

I have a bunch of different news apps, all of which are free.

NPR Music is great.

Yelp, Epicurious, Kayak, Hipmunk, Netflix and Hulu+ (if you subscribe to those services, obviously). There's also a National Geographic app called "National Geographic Presents" that culls stuff from their website in a neat and interactive format. Text with photos, video, and audio interviews, etc. I think it was $0.99.
spice weasel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps