Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willie5566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I recently purchased the new Apple TV and I am trying to figure out how to set up photo stream. I figured it would just pull from my iPhoto pictures on my MBP but it looks like it is pulling pictures from an old iPhone that my 10 year old daughter plays with. Needless to say my photo stream sucks right now.

Willie5566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Well that helped a little. It appears I do not have our iPhones storing photos in the cloud. Same holds true with my MBP. My MBP is the only one I am concerned about but I do not see where I can activate my photos into the cloud on my MBP. Do I need to upgrade to Lion to do this? I am currently using Snow Leopard. Is my iPhoto outdated? I am using '08.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Well that helped a little. It appears I do not have our iPhones storing photos in the cloud. Same holds true with my MBP. My MBP is the only one I am concerned about but I do not see where I can activate my photos into the cloud on my MBP. Do I need to upgrade to Lion to do this? I am currently using Snow Leopard. Is my iPhoto outdated? I am using '08.

you need iPhoto '11 (which is version 9.x)

heliox8614

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Change the settings in the old iPhone that your daughter is using so her pictures don't get backed up in iCloud.

Go into the iCloud settings and turn off photo stream on the old phone.

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
I have not kept up with the SL updates, but I think 10.6.9 has iCloud support. If you go to System Preferences and see "iCloud" under Internet and Wireless, you're good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.