Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I just went to download an app on my iPhone and I was asked to pick 3 security questions and their answers and add a rescue email.

Now I got an email from Apple <appleid@id.apple.com>
Is this legit? Don't want to login using my ID and password if it's not.

Screen Shot 2012-04-14 at 01.42.34.png

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
I just went to download an app on my iPhone and I was asked to pick 3 security questions and their answers and add a rescue email.

Now I got an email from Apple <appleid@id.apple.com>
Is this legit? Don't want to login using my ID and password if it's not.

View attachment 335668

If the e-mail correctly states your rescue e-mail address, it's probably safe. To be on the safe side, you should copy the URL & paste it into your address bar. Only hit "Go" if the domain name is apple.com.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If the e-mail correctly states your rescue e-mail address, it's probably safe. To be on the safe side, you should copy the URL & paste it into your address bar. Only hit "Go" if the domain name is apple.com.

I hope you're right :p
Yeah it was id.apple.com and it had the correct email I entered on my iOS device so either my phone was hacked or this is genuine.

scribal

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2012
I got the 3 questions too but

I don't remember programming answers to any but the first question and they aren't that simple for me to answer--I mean I remember a couple of "first" concert candidates--which did I pick if I even answered this question which I don't remember doing..... I kind of don't want to provide answers now if you know what I mean :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.