Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Hello,

anybody out there who can recommend an app,
- that can stream my music files from my NAS(Netgear readynas DUO) - with the iPad to my speaker with airplay?

I bought Buzz Player the other day, it works "OK", but can only play 1 song at a time, then i need to find the new song afterwards manually.. i want an option like a jukebox like this way....

IF i want to play another song WHEN song1 is done, then i can queue song2, song3 ect ect. from the NAS BUT if there aint any songs in queue...
then just play random songs from the NAS

does anybody know a good app for this issue?
AS a sidenote, the NAS got the option as a "iTunes server" but that wont change the issue - according to looaaads of googling, correct me - if i am wrong :)

Regards

Nousefor

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
Hi,
Did you find a solution? I've got exactly the same requirements...

Even if you create a playlist you can only add songs that where recently played from the network, but you can't browse and add directly from the network...

lolrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
nope :-(

seems like there aint any apps for this,
so developers out there - go make one!

i will buy it, for sure! :)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
What is the speaker you are referring to?

You are wanting to do the following, just so I am clear:

NAS--->iPAD----|Airplay|----->wireless speaker system utilizing Airplay

Correct?

dugbee

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I'm wondering if iPeng can do it. Can your NAS run Squeezebox Server? I don't have a NAS, but I am running a Linux box with Squeezebox Server and Squeezeplay. I'll test the Airplay functionality and get back to you.

lolrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
the nas do support squeezebox,
trying to install it now - i read some where that it would be a good idea to upgrade the ram,

but lets see,

ill update this thread asap!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.