Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1
SamIchi
macrumors 68030

Can I scale a PDF page size?

I made an InDesign file at 9 x 6 and I want it to be 8 x 5. The reason why I want to do this is cause I want to get it printed at 2 different sizes. The 2 places I'm printing from are online sites that require 2 different sizes, in PDF.

I exported the pdf (6x9), and tried "printing" it and saving it as a pdf again with a smaller page/document size (8x5), but it won't let me. I get the prompt "saving a pdf while printing is not allowed, Instead choose file > save". Which is not helpful, cause it doesn't allow me to resize.

I could make another InDesign Document and scale everything manually, but with over 100 pages, that's the last thing I want to do. I've searched online and can't find anything useful. I always see the response that you can just scale when printing, but I won't be printing, it is sent to online printing sites, that have a defined parameters. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
SamIchi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2
summe
macrumors newbie

maybe this will work?

----------

sorry missed to include link...
http://neeviaPDF.com/PDFresize/
summe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:05 PM   #3
SamIchi
macrumors 68030

That's Windows only... but yes, that looked like it was the right program.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
MisterMe
macrumors G4

What is the difficulty? Your PDF will be automatically scaled to the selected paper size if you print it from Acrobat Pro.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:29 PM   #5
SamIchi
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe View Post
What is the difficulty? Your PDF will be automatically scaled to the selected paper size if you print it from Acrobat Pro.
Please read my last paragraph.

I won't be printing this, I'm sending it off to 2 different printing sites that only accept certain sizes. If I was printing, yes I could scale in the print dialogue box, but I'm not. This is why I need it to be scaled before I send it to them.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:47 AM   #6
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIchi View Post
Please read my last paragraph.

I won't be printing this, I'm sending it off to 2 different printing sites that only accept certain sizes. ...
OK. I read your OP more closely. Online printing services are good if you have no special needs. I would recommend that you convert your PDF to a raster image to the native geometric size of your document at the native native resolution of your printers' equipment. However, much of this information can be learned only by having an intelligent conversation with the staffs at the printing services.

Because you are using two different services, you cannot expect the solution that works for one will also work for the other.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics