Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

handel30

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Miami, Florida
Mystery folder entitled "(A Document Being Saved By...Process)" appeared in my trash. Like an endless chinese box, the folder contains another folder called iPhoto Library, which contains another folder Previews, which contains a folder called 2012, which contains three folders O2 03 04, which in turn contain other folders, etc. etc. To cut a long series short, there are folders within folders until I get to folders that seem to contain all my photos. THREE QUESTIONS: How did this folder get created? Will throwing it away delete all my photos? What do I do with it?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Mystery folder entitled "(A Document Being Saved By...Process)" appeared in my trash. Like an endless chinese box, the folder contains another folder called iPhoto Library, which contains another folder Previews, which contains a folder called 2012, which contains three folders O2 03 04, which in turn contain other folders, etc. etc. To cut a long series short, there are folders within folders until I get to folders that seem to contain all my photos. THREE QUESTIONS: How did this folder get created? Will throwing it away delete all my photos? What do I do with it?
Look to see if your iPhoto library is in the normal location in your user folder, and lauch iPhoto to make sure your photos are there. If they are, just empty the trash. It won't delete your photos. It may have been created by a recovery process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.