Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:25 AM   #1
nealeholl
macrumors member

Can I edit the library on my iPod?

Basically, when listening to classical music - particularly in my car which has an inbuilt iPod interface, I find it easiest to find what I'm looking for by searching by Composer. As it can take ages of scrolling through the list of pop / rock composers before finding what I'm after, and this is the only time that I use the Composer field in the music database, I went through my pretty huge music folder on my mac, and deleted the composer field for all non-classical composers. So far so good.

However, when I sync my iPod, it seems to still retain composer info, which means it still takes me ages of blind swerving all over the road before I find the piece of music I'm looking for.

I've got 9,000 odd songs on the iPod (classic), so I haven't yet tried restoring it. I am happy to do this if it will reinstate itself with all my music MINUS the composers.

Has anyone tried this?
nealeholl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:56 AM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealeholl View Post
I've got 9,000 odd songs on the iPod (classic), so I haven't yet tried restoring it. I am happy to do this if it will reinstate itself with all my music MINUS the composers.

Has anyone tried this?
Haven't tried it, but there's no reason it shouldn't do what you want.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod