Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I have used various iPhone screen protectors from SGP and PS. Recently I purchased the oleophobic.

They are working exactly the same as the crystal, zero oleophobic properties. Has SGP changed them?

I remember that in older oleophobic protectors the oils where quite easy to wipe with a dry microfiber cloth. And the coating lasted for months. In these new ones the oil just smears across the screen unless I apply water. Also in the older ones the water formed in tinny drops but now it just smears too.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the newer SGP oleos? Also is there a better alternative? The only other oleophobic protectors I have heard about are green onion, but I have no idea if they are any good.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I believe in Apple and how they design & build their products.

I've stopped using cheap (or expensive) screen protectors long ago. Apples Olephobic coating is ultra durable and provides tactile feed back that is exemplary.

After two years of carrying my iP4 in my pocket, the screen is as good as new. Not the smallest ding or scratch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.