Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Boca
macrumors regular

Help transfering bookmarks.

Here's my problem. Firefox running very slow so loaded GChrome. Tried to migrate FF bookmarks and finally after installing bookmark sync a strange transfer (partial) happened. I had a folder named " Television" well it transfered dozens of folders to the tool bar one for each book mark in the original "Television" folder. Other folders like "weather" ended up on the tool bar but empty. It's very frustrating...any help in this matter appreciated.

When I tried originally to transfer only Safari was listed in the drop down for transfer, not Firefox. Eventually Firefox turned up but I noticed it was actually
"FirFox" (e Missing)

thanks for helping if you can.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Boca
macrumors regular

Gonna call a tech guy. Will post what he discovers. Thanks for viewing.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:23 PM   #3
bryan.cfii
macrumors newbie

Chromes bookmarks just aren't that great

I really think that bookmarks were kind of half an after thought for Chromes developers. In future, you may want to consider exporting them out of a browser in the various formats offered and importing them that way. Then, they are just files and not something form another browser.

I use FF and have never had the slow down deal happen to me. I hope it doesn't cause I need the keywords and search customizing too much.
bryan.cfii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
bookmarks, chrome, firefox, google